Sync 2 - File Versioning?

offtopic: Sorry for creating a new user to answer this post, but this forum limits  new accounts for 1 posts per day until you have 20 posts. (Witch means 20 days if I post something everyday)

I've seen this article, but the archive option is not available on my gui! How do I enable it? Or is it a missing feature on Ubuntu (or linux)?

When I click on a folder (or in the 3 dots), I can only see the following options: 

- Pause Syncing 

- Peer List

- Preferences

- Disconnect

There is no "Open Archive" or "Sync All" Options

On the link that you posted, I've followed the link to another faq:

Does BitTorrent Sync support versioning?

Yes. By default, Sync creates and stores all the old copies of changed or deleted files for 30 days (this can be disabled for each folder in Folder options, and the default period can be changed in Sync Preferences > Advanced > More options > sync_trash_ttl).

I went to the preferences but there is no "More options" on advanced screen.

I also noticed that an important feature is also missing the "Share button" that is on the FAQ screenshot close to the 3 dots.

The only way that I've found to share a folder, was going to console and running ./btsync --generate-secret 

And add this secret on the webui to create a 1.4 version folder.

Do I have a problem on my sync clients or are those "missing features" on linux?

btsync 2.0.105 - Ubuntu 14.10

btsync 2.0.105 - Cubian (debian for cubietruck)

Thank you.

Offtopic: Sorry for creating my third forum account, but I still cannot answer with my original account! Btw, this limitation seens a terrible idea for fighting spam!! I'm sure there are better alternatives around. At this moment, there are 7 recent spam messages in this board, even with the limitation of one post per day. But a regular user just can't post!!!

@trevellyan, thanks for your update, I also noticed that sharing a folder using the link feature from android to any Linux, will add the folder as 1.4, so I guess that the problem with share button missing on Linux is that the protocol for version 2.0 is not implemented completely. 

I couldn't find any documentation saying that this wasn't a feature for linux version. yesterday I've spent a few hours to discover that I had to go to console and generate a rw secret, so I could add a share. I was only able to do this, because I tested the version 1.x of btsync and remember how it works.

I guess that for new users, it will be hard to find their way on this program.

Seriously??? Share function is missing and there is no alternative on the webif?

Supporting Linux isn't about using Linux for backup only without any basic features. 

I guess that the pro version of sync for linux is free? or at least with a 75% discount? or why should I buy a really incomplete program for its full price?

@eduardosilva

I've moved your primary account to members group so you can post with no limtations. Sorry about that, we are still in progress of fighting spam bots.

@trevellyan, thanks for your update, I also noticed that sharing a folder using the link feature from android to any Linux, will add the folder as 1.4, so I guess that the problem with share button missing on Linux is that the protocol for version 2.0 is not implemented completely.

I can guess you did not shared a folder but made a backup from Android. Backup indeed creates a classic 1.4 folder. If you are sharing 2.0 folder from Android - it will be 2.0 folder on any other device. Please elaborate if I misunderstand you.

I couldn't find any documentation saying that this wasn't a feature for linux version. yesterday I've spent a few hours to discover that I had to go to console and generate a rw secret, so I could add a share. I was only able to do this, because I tested the version 1.x of btsync and remember how it works.
[...]
I guess that for new users, it will be hard to find their way on this program.

Seriously??? Share function is missing and there is no alternative on the webif?

There is an article on Help Center explaining peculiarities of Sync working on Linux, majority of them are bound to fact that Linux has no native shell so we do not have shell integration.

Although, there is no such limitations as "No share button" so it looks more like interoperability issue with your build of Linux / browser. Try opening it in a different browser and see if "Share" button appears.

Supporting Linux isn't about using Linux for backup only without any basic features.

I guess that the pro version of sync for linux is free? or at least with a 75% discount? or why should I buy a really incomplete program for its full price?

Supporting Linux means that Sync is capable to run on Linux and retain its main features (as I mentioned above, only shell-dependent features are limited on Linux).
Pro version is paid as for all the rest of OS.

@RomanZ, I manage some wordpress blogs and forums and I understand how those bots can be boring. For wordpress, I've discovered a nice antispam solution that uses javascript to write a cookie on the client browser and them read that cookie back. So the client must have both, javascript and cookies....  for me, this was like a magic solution, better than akismet, recaptcha or any other antispam.   

@trevellyan, sorry, but when I was posting... in my point of view, they where all related problems: "Missing features on linux client!"

I was a bit frustrated since I wasn't even able to share a folder, I really spent a few hours trying to figure out what I was doing wrong... I guess that I'm a bit used to see developers releasing crossplataform software with the linux version with the bare minimum features and I had in my mind: "they didn't implemented the Share feature on Linux Client!!!!".

-Regarding the 1.4 folder, yes, it was the camera backup folder

Turns out that the problem was adblock (from getadblock dot com) blocking the "Share button"  :rolleyes:

Sorry for the confusion, and thank you both for the support! I will continue testing btsync now ;)

ps: Thanks for moving me to members group, i was running out of mail accounts  :P