Unable To Access On Synology

Hi - I setup BT Sync on my Synology DS414 yesterday evening.

Today when go into DSM on the Synology and click on Bit Torrent Sync it attempts to open the a new web page with the address ending :8890 but all I get is a white screen ?

Last night it was fine!

Anybody have any ideas on why this is happening and more importantly - how to fix ?!

Many thanks

m

Have exactly the same problem. Same thing in Chrome, Firefox and Safari.

Get to type in my credentials, but gets a blank screen or the browser simply hangs.

Seems to be specifically the build 88f628x which causes the trouble. My own NAS has this build and it was unaccessible. Tried updating the package to .105 and it didn't improve the situation.

Two NAS units at my workplace of different types (still Synology though but different Sync builds) still are accessible. 

I find it incredible that accessing the interface is so completely un-userfriendly and difficult to access to just make simple adjustments. It's close to making the software completely un-usable.

Contacted support this morning, but still no reply.

I installed BTSync 2.0 on my DS211 using package for 88f628x. Installation went fine and I setup a couple folders to sync to my laptop and it's syncing just fine.

A few days later now I try to configure BTSync on my Synology DS211 and I click the BT Sync icon in the DSM interface. It opens a new tab to http://192.168.0.12:8890/gui/ (correct IP) and I see an authentication dialog requesting username and password. I've tried admin and root and every possible password, but no luck.

Is this authentication expected, or is this a bug?

I installed BTSync 2.0 on my DS211 using package for 88f628x. Installation went fine and I setup a couple folders to sync to my laptop and it's syncing just fine.

A few days later now I try to configure BTSync on my Synology DS211 and I click the BT Sync icon in the DSM interface. It opens a new tab to http://192.168.0.12:8890/gui/ (correct IP) and I see an authentication dialog requesting username and password. I've tried admin and root and every possible password, but no luck.

Is this authentication expected, or is this a bug?

I have exactly the same issue, however I set my username/password on installation and it just stopped working.

dseger, you'll find the username/password in the config file you're running Sync with.

Alternatively, you can remove password authentication by removing the login/password fields in the "webui" section of your config file.

In my syn.conf file there were no login/password fields - only an "allow_empty_passwords" field which was set to false. Setting that to true made no difference so I added in the login/password fields manually and it started working. Seems very brittle to me.

Thanks GreatMarko and ddubya7 for the help.

Like ddubya7, my sync.conf file does not have a user/password section.  I've pasted it below.   I found this file at /volume1/@appstore/bittorrentsync/var/sync.conf

Please let me know how I should add the user/password to sync.conf. 

{  "storage_path" : "/usr/local/bittorrentsync/var",  "pid_file" : "/usr/local/bittorrentsync/var/syncapp.pid",  "display_new_version" : false,  "vendor" : "Synology",  "webui" :  {    "listen" : "0.0.0.0:8890",    "allow_empty_password" : false,    "directory_root" : "/",    "dir_whitelist" : ["/volume1","/volume2","/volume3","/volume4","/volume5","/volume6","/volume7","/volume8","/volume9","/volume10","/volume11","/volume12"    "context":"{\"folder_blacklist\": [\"\/@\", \"\/lost\\\\+found\"]}",    "directory_root_policy":"belowroot"  }}

I'm guessing this is a bug in the setup/install on 88f628x devices.

{
  "storage_path" : "/usr/local/bittorrentsync/var",
  "pid_file" : "/usr/local/bittorrentsync/var/syncapp.pid",
  "display_new_version" : false,
  "vendor" : "Synology",
  "webui" :
  {
    "listen" : "0.0.0.0:8890",
    "login" : "desired_username",
    "password" : "desired_password",

"allow_empty_password" : false,
    "directory_root" : "/",
    "dir_whitelist" : ["/volume1","/volume2","/volume3","/volume4","/volume5","/volume6","/volume7","/volume8","/volume9","/volume10","/volume11","/volume12",
    "context":"{\"folder_blacklist\": [\"\/@\", \"\/lost\\\\+found\]}",
    "directory_root_policy":"belowroot"
  }
}

See above additions in RED - also note that your config must be a valid JSON file, and so the end of your "dir_whitelist" line must also be terminated with a "," - also your current ""context":"{\"folder_blacklist\": [\"\/@\", \"\/lost\\\\+found\"]}"," line won't validate as JSON

Thanks GreatMarko.  Using SSH and vi, I added those to lines to sync.conf, then restarted my DS211.  Now I can login to the BTSync user interface.  That problem is solved!

Regarding the JSON validity:

• I see now that I truncated the dir_whitelist line.  It lists up to "/volume20" and does end with a "],".
  • For the "context" line, I pasted the entire conf file contents to http://jsonlint.com/ and it claimed that the JSON is valid.  In either case, my Synology DS211 is not complaining about it.

Thanks again.