Pro User Sharing With Free Users And Folder Limit

zbigb69

Hello,

i'd like to know :

if i subscribe to pro model, if i want to share files with free users, in read only, will free users will be authorize to add thoses folders, even if there free btsync has already 10 folders ?

Cause, for exemple, i will have 20 or 30 folders to share with differents clients, but they will not want to buy btsync, because they do not need. But if they have already 10 folders what will happen ?

thank you

If a 2.0 "free" user is already syncing 10 other folders, they will not be able to sync any more than that 10 folder limit.

What is the licensing model in such cases? E.g. assume that person A is using BTSync for work, hence the license requires that they purchase a Pro license. Now A wants to share some files with customer B. B is not a user of Bittorrent Sync, but gets a link from A and installs Sync. Since B is also a business user, that would mean that they'd also have to purchase a Pro license, right?

If this is true, it means that this is a large disadvantage of BTSync compared to other services. E.g. If A had a Dropbox Pro account, they could share a file or directory link to B. B doesn't need Dropbox to be able to view and download links.

I think a useful alteration of the license and the 10 folder limit would be that 2.0-style read-only folders do not count. In that way, a business can share folders with customers, without expecting customers to (1) purchase Pro licenses, and (2) purchasing Pro licenses if they are getting files from multiple Bittorrent Sync users.

yes it's what i would to focus on :

if a subscibe to a pro version of dropbox, i can share anything with any user, and no one need to buy a pro dropbox licence.

As lots of people said here, i don't really agree with the price of pro features.

Also if i finaly buy it, it would be really a shame that i can't share with anybody, and if it's just read only share files, i don't see why free users should subscribe to the pro licence.

Well for me it's one more bad point for the pro licence... I think there is a lot of thing to think about, and staff should rethink of all the package, free or pro licences.

if tomorrow i buy the pro licence, i really expect that i can share anything with anybody.

i'm not sure that i have understand everything, but i'm pretty sure "iswrong" explain everything i have in my mind ;)