[Solved] [2.0] Enable Sync Between Two Existing Directories With Data

Hi,

I've just put Bittorrent Sync 2.0 on two devices (Synology NAS') and am trying to enable sync between two existing directories that already have the same data on both devices.

So far I've set up one device as the primary and added the folders. The second device I set up as "disconnected". I then added one of the directories to be synced and chose the directory that already contained the data. The issue is that it looks like it's re-syncing all the data even though when I look at the directory it already has all the data. Is this expected behaviour?

On other thing I can think of doing is enabling syncing on an empty directory on the second device and then copying all the data back into it. Is that more likely to work? 

Thanks for any suggestions!

• 11 months later...

@jacomuller Sync should not re-transfer preseeded folders. When adding non-empty folders you should be very careful when specifying path: Sync loves to add extra folder name when pointing to non-empty folder.

For example, you got the link for "MyFiles" folder on your 2nd NAS and want to sync it to preseeded folder /volume1/MyFiles.

After you pick the folder in folder picker dialog, check the path displayed by Sync before clicking "Ok". It is likely going to show "/volume1/MyFiles/MyFiles" and needs to be fixed manually. Otherwise it is going to resync everything indeed.

• GreatMarko changed the title to [Solved] [2.0] Enable Sync Between Two Existing Directories With Data