Mybook Won't Sync Over Wan

I have BitTorrent Sync set up on my home Mac, home WD MyBook NAS, Windows work laptop, Android phone and Android tablet.

What I've discovered is that the NAS does not sync over the Internet/WAN, it only syncs over the LAN. My Mac, even when on the same LAN and behind the same router as the NAS has no trouble syncing to my work laptop over the WAN. If my Mac and work laptop are both on simultaneously at home and at work, they will sync over the Internet. However, my Mac is rarely on while I'm at work and my work laptop is rarely on when I'm at home on my Mac.

I'd like the NAS to bridge this gap. However, I have no idea why it won't sync over the Internet. My work laptop can see that the NAS Peer is online, but the two won't sync. There's no specific error or indication they are out of sync, but files added to the folders on one will not appear on the other. If my Mac comes online, it will sync the files from the work laptop and then sync them to the NAS.

I've additionally tested with my Android phone (which syncs a different folder between my devices) and it too will not sync over the Internet to the NAS, but it will sync to the NAS over the LAN and it will sync to my Mac over the Internet (which again then syncs the files over the LAN to the NAS).

I've added the NAS listen port to the port forwarding on my router and it hasn't fixed the problem. The BitTorrent Sync Troubleshooting guide seems to only provide help for scenarios where the peers won't sync at all (they sync fine over the LAN) or where the peers do not connect at all (my work laptop can see my NAS is online over the WAN, they just don't sync)

Anyone have any other ideas for what's keeping the NAS from syncing over the WAN or steps I can take to troubleshoot the problem further?