Bts Just Archived A File As I Was Working On It!

tjluoma

I was editing 

/usr/local/scripts/superduper-when-was-last-successful.sh

in my text editor (BBEdit).

(N.B. /usr/local/scripts/ is sync’d across several Macs via BTS.)

Suddenly BBEdit reported that the file had been moved, and it was now at

/usr/local/scripts/.sync/Archive/superduper-when-was-last-successful.sh

Since I was only editing the file on this Mac (and, in fact, the file is newly created, on this Mac, about 30 minutes ago), I have no idea how/why BTS suddenly decided to archive it, but it appears there was a sync conflict of some kind, and BTS clearly chose the wrong one.

I’ve had to pull a few files out of `.sync/Archive` lately, so this isn’t the only time it has happened, but it is the first time that I have seen it happen as I was actively working on a file.

All Macs are running latest version of Yosemite and BTS version 2.0.105.

The really weird thing is that there was no file anymore at /usr/local/scripts/superduper-when-was-last-successful.sh. The only copy was the archived copy.

@tjluoma

It might be indeed some conflict between Sync and BBEdit. Could you please provide the sync.log and *.journal files from your Sync storage dir (for precise location of storage folder per OS see item #3 here)?

I've opened a ticket for you so you can attach it there. We'll take a look why it happened ASAP.