Btsync Stopped Working - "btsync-Daemon: Not Found"

I have had btsync running fine of a raspberry pi for a few weeks, but it has suddenly decided to stop working after last restart.  I am receiving the following error:

"Autostarting btsync instance 'debconf-default:/etc/init.d/btsync: 257: /etc/init.d/btsync: /usr/lib/btsync/btsync-daemon: not found

"[FAIL] Failed to start btsync instance debconf-default - please check the configuration file /etc/btsync/debconf-default.conf ... failed!"

I have no idea what is causing the issue as btsync-daemon is present in the correct folder.  I have reinstalled, uninstalled, dkpg-reconfigured, etc, etc but still receiving the same error again and again.  Any ideas of what the problem could be?

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi Cipherplain. Thanks. How do you advise I install these libraries? I just ran this command, which seems to suggest quite a few are missing:

~ $ ldd /bin/lslinux-vdso.so.1 (0x7ef0d000)/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libcofi_rpi.so (0x76f9d000)libselinux.so.1 => /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libselinux.so.1 (0x76f60000)libacl.so.1 => /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libacl.so.1 (0x76f49000)libc.so.6 => /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libc.so.6 (0x76e0c000)/lib/ld-linux-armhf.so.3 (0x54abd000)libpcre.so.3 => /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libpcre.so.3 (0x76d99000)libdl.so.2 => /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libdl.so.2 (0x76d86000)libattr.so.1 => /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libattr.so.1 (0x76d70000)libpthread.so.0 => /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libpthread.so.0 (0x76d48000)

w82, you can try the following commands to make sure that btsync binary file is linked to libraries:

ldd ~/btsync/btsync
file ~/btsync/btsync

If you see "not a dynamic executable" then you certainly need to reinstall mentioned libraries.

You can try to use apt to reinstall them or manually download it from another system and replace it.