Sync 2.0 Extreme Ui Sluggishness / Cpu Utilization

jalcide

BTSync.exe stays steady around 20% CPU utilization, but the system acts and feels like it's > 90%.

The Sync UI takes about 5 minutes to open from its notification icon. Once open, the UI is extremely unresponsive and shows "(Not Responding)" in the title bar about every 30 seconds and seems to re-instantiate itself in an endless cycle.

It's simply trying to sync one folder (read only) from one computer. The transfer speed stays mostly steady at about 1 MB/s (which seems on the slow side).

2.0.105, Windows 7 x64, AMD Phenom II 6 core, 16 GB RAM, SSD drive. It's using the onboard graphics.

The other computer does not exhibit the issue. It's an new Intel build.

Could this be an AMD processor related issue?

It's a rackmount working as a file server and its CPU, though a bit long in the tooth, is more than enough power for performing sync and offsite backup. So I will not be interested in upgrading it.

The goal is for it to sync around 15 folders, in total, from around 3 PCs all over a LAN. If it's struggling with one folder...

This will likely be the final nail in the coffin for Sync, for me. It's been one issue after another ever since 1.4, and I have some workflows that are starting to get critical.