[Solved] Stuck On "connecting" When Trying To Link Device

yoharnu

I installed btsync on my server, then on my work computer. I linked them, tested, and everything seemed to work fine. Now I'm at home, and I tried the same thing, but when I try to link the devices, it says "Connecting... " and gets stuck. It says it could take up to 60 seconds, but I've waited 5-10 minutes multiple times. I added the firewall rule during installation, and I've forwarded the listening port (21731) on my router.

Here's the log of the computer that's not working: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=JJ5K7T3A

I get 403 Forbidden.

You will do - the correct URL is actually config.usyncapp.com/sync.conf, however I think that's actually probably largely irrelevant to your issue.

Check your firewall/antivirus, and also folder permissions - there's instances of "failed to open" "C:\Users\yoharnu\AppData\Roaming\BitTorrent Sync\..." in your error log

You will do - the correct URL is actually config.usyncapp.com/sync.conf, however I think that's actually probably largely irrelevant to your issue.

Check your firewall/antivirus, and also folder permissions - there's instances of "failed to open" "C:\Users\yoharnu\AppData\Roaming\BitTorrent Sync\..." in your error log

Ran as Administrator, and it worked. Thanks!