Right Click Items Missings

pirloui

(Should have added MacOSX (10.10) in the title)

Hi

I have BTS 2 properly installed on two MacBooks, with pro account.

These are connected as "connect" (and not full sync) (other machines have full sync)

The issue is on one of them there is no BTS related items in right click. So it can't so "sync to this device" on a sub folder, because the right click menu item isn't there.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the reply RomanZ. It did sadly not work, neither did updating from 10.10.2 till 10.10.3, nor reinstalling the software from scratch, deleting the preferences or repairing the disk permissions.

I will try researching right click items in general, or if any other suggestions I can try it would be nice.

@pirloui

Please try to do the following:

1) Make sure you use 2.0.120. It contains a fix for possible extension crash.

2) If it does not help, open the OS X preferences -> Extensions -> Finder. Make sure that Sync extension is enabled. As a test, try disabling other extensions.

3) If it does not help, open Console (don't confuse with Terminal window!), keep it open. Try unchecking, then checking Sync Finder extension in preferences (same place as described in #2). Send me the output that appears in console when you enable / disable Sync extension.

• 1 month later...

I am having this problem and thus cannot control the sync on 2 macs.  The following is from an imac running OSX 10.10.4

Following this advice from @Romanz

1) Make sure you use 2.0.120. It contains a fix for possible extension crash.

LW>>>Sync 2.0128

2) If it does not help, open the OS X preferences -> Extensions -> Finder. Make sure that Sync extension is enabled. As a test, try disabling other extensions.

LW>>> Google Drive extensions appear then disappear from Finder when toggling options in preferences.

3) If it does not help, open Console (don't confuse with Terminal window!), keep it open. Try unchecking, then checking Sync Finder extension in preferences (same place as described in #2). Send me the output that appears in console when you enable / disable Sync extension.

LW>>> see below

Output

16/07/2015 15:22:11.632 com.apple.preferences.extensions.remoteservice[836]: ### com.bittorrent.Sync.FinderExtension setting enabled:0

16/07/2015 15:22:15.700 com.apple.preferences.extensions.remoteservice[836]: ### com.bittorrent.Sync.FinderExtension setting enabled:1

16/07/2015 15:22:15.767 pkd[294]: enabling pid=282 for plug-in com.bittorrent.Sync.FinderExtension(1) FA0DD562-7228-40A8-9BB8-AA888861820C /Applications/BitTorrent Sync.app/Contents/PlugIns/FinderExtension.appex

16/07/2015 15:22:15.814 FinderExtension[859]: Currently watching: {

"/Users/xxxx/BitTorrent Sync/Shared" =     {

FeIsReadWriteKeyName = 1;

FeIsSelectiveKeyName = 0;

};

}

16/07/2015 15:22:15.815 FinderExtension[859]: Version: 2.0.128

@Lee Ward

The console output says that the "/Users/xxxx/BitTorrent Sync/Shared" directory has "Sync All = ON", therefore you don't see any menuitems in context menu. They appear only when on-demand sync is on. To turn it on, open Sync main window, right-click the folder and switch "Sync ALL" to "Off".

@RomanZ   Great, ok so a problem between keyboard and chair... :) sorts out the imac.

on the MBP I have this:

16/7/15 7:15:54.803 pm com.apple.preferences.extensions.remoteservice[500]: ### com.bittorrent.Sync.FinderExtension setting enabled:1
16/7/15 7:15:54.848 pm pkd[250]: enabling pid=229 for plug-in com.bittorrent.Sync.FinderExtension(1) 4E606F6E-FEDA-4A66-A7A6-A1868F39ACC3 /Applications/BitTorrent Sync.app/Contents/PlugIns/FinderExtension.appex
16/7/15 7:15:54.890 pm FinderExtension[661]: Currently watching: {
}

Sync all is definitely set to OFF
Edited by Lee Ward

@Lee Ward

I suggest you right-click inside the folder which is set to "Sync All=off", right? If yes and you still dont' see Sync's menu items - then I need your console output, but more thank you've shared. It might happen that extensions exists / crashes later, so I need whole output.

I'll open a support ticket for you so you can submit it there.