"open In" Bug

daz66

Using IOS 7.0.4 on iphone 5s this makes btsync almost useless on my iphone -

When using the functionality 'open in' - BTsync does not allow the user to choose a folder to save to.

For example: Open Dropbox app > select a file > choose 'open in' > select btsync

Btsync then opens and gives the options 'add to folder' or 'cancel'.

Choose 'add to folder' - at which point btsync options a blank page with the options at the bottom to 'cancel' or to 'save'. But you cannot select a folder to save to, there is simply a blank page and if you try and select save nothing happens you can only 'cancel'

This happens with any app that offers the 'open in' functionality.

Thank you!!. Files were 'read only' on iphone and ipad. I changed to read/write and all working now. A quick question to you, is it possible to re-name filenames (not folders) in Btsync on iphone, i can't seem to find away. Thanks again!

Edited by daz66

unfortunately, not. Sync doesn't work with files in that way. You can 'open in' this file in another app and rename it there. Send it back to Sync. But in this case you will end up with two files, because in iOS files are copied between apps, so these will be two different files - with old name and new name. Old named file shall be deleted from desktop manually.