Very Slow Transfer Speeds (64Kbps Tops)

WACOMalt

I recently moved, and had no choice but Comcast as an ISP.

I also have the task of syncing about 1TB of data from a client  (All 4K Mov files over 200MB each) for a movie I'm doing Visual Effects for.

We got him set up with BTsync, newest version (and myself) and he shared his folder with me as an owner. 

We are currently experiencing speeds of, at best, 64Kbps.

His internet connection according to speedtest.net is about 60/30 (Fiber via Optimum in NY), and mine is 50/5 (Copper via Comcast in OR)

I know Comcast is known to throttle bittorrent traffic. Would this also apply to btsync?

In which case, I know to get around that you can enable protocol header encryption on most bittorrent clients. Can this be done in btsync?

Anyone have any other ideas? I've check both of our computers and the listening port is correctly open. Neither of us have speed limits set in btsync itself. And neither of us has anything else running on the network. The only other thing I can think, is his computer is still indexing (started only about 20 minutes ago) maybe the speeds are just slow until indexing is completed, and I'm reacting too soon?

I'm in the process of doing speed profiling, but with these large files it will take some time.

Thanks for any help!

EDIT: I tested some other files with other peers shares, and the speeds are fine. So I'm assuming the speed issue is on his end now. But one question I have is... I have a dedicated server that acts as a "cloud" server for many of my btsync syncs. However it only has about 290GB free, so I cant use it as a mirror for this particular share since it wouldnt all fit. But is there any other way I could make use of this dedicated box to help our speeds as a relay or something?

• 10 months later...