[Solved] Problem Adding Folders To Linux Client

vip00

Hello all,

I'm totally new to BTSync as of yesterday, so I don't have a lot of technical details of my problem to share.

I have installed Sync on my Windows desktop and added several folders and allowed them to index. I then installed Sync on my Linux (Xubuntu) server and linked it with my identity by scanning the QR code from both machines with the Sync app on my phone.

All three of the clients (desktop, server, phone) can see each other in the "my devices" lists, however the folders that I have added to my desktop do not appear visible to my other devices. How do I share them? I am able to add them to the phone by scanning the QR code, but for the Linux system, following the link provided by either the "email" or "copy" options doesn't seem to work. Firefox just complains that it doesn't know how to handle the btsync link and fails.

vip00,

What Sync license you have on desktops? With Free license folders will not automatically appear on linked devices. 

As for Firefox, it has no association of btsync protocol with Sync app (you can check in Settings -> Applications). Paste the link in"Manual connection" in Sync.