Assign "connected" Folders Without Having To Open Each File

wspr

This use case might be a bit strange but it has been an early limitation I've noticed after using Bittorrent Sync more seriously.

I'm working on something like this:

Project / Subproject A        / Subproject B        / Subproject C        / ...

All of which subprojects have their own folder hierarchies, and in some cases their own Git repositories. If I'm on my laptop, I'll selectively be working on one subproject at a time (and potentially never all of them), and would like to sync all of just one subfolder of the connected folder "Project".

At the moment, the only obvious way to do this, as far as I can see, is to open each one of the files within a subproject folder. This is cumbersome and in some cases quite difficult or impossible (in the case of working within a Git repository).

Obviously working on a Git repository shouldn't require the use of syncing software in the first place, but my feature request would still stand without it:

"Without creating a new sharing folder for each subfolder, would it be possible it add a UI to select subfolders within a connected folder and have them behave as if just the subfolder were synced?"

• 3 months later...

The same request from me. Would like to be able to sync only several sub folders within a connected shared folder.

For example, having not much space on my mobile device which is in my devices mesh , I'd like to sync only couple of sub folders within a big connected share. Thanks.

With Selective Sync, I believe you can do that now. I have one big share folder and only sync one or two sub folders that are located within in. I'm on a Mac, but I can right-click a folder and choose to sync that folder, or unsync it, from the drop down menu. Of course, the other folders would still appear but they'd be placeholders.

I'm hoping I understood you correctly. If not, I apologize.

Edited by isaacrdz

With Selective Sync, I believe you can do that now. I have one big share folder and only sync one or two sub folders that are located within in. I'm on a Mac, but I can right-click a folder and choose to sync that folder, or unsync it, from the drop down menu. Of course, the other folders would still appear but they'd be placeholders.

Last time I tried this, it only syncs files that are currently in that folder, but not new files. Has this changed?

Last time I tried this, it only syncs files that are currently in that folder, but not new files. Has this changed?

Ah, I see what you mean now. I've just tried adding files to those subfolders and the placeholders are the only thing that appears. So, I guess it doesn't automatically sync new files when the folder is chosen to Sync to the device, which is not the thing I want it to do.

Edited by isaacrdz