[Solved] Btsync Node Suddenly Thinks It Is A New Node

pdxrlk

My main workstation ("A") has btsync 2.0 installed for many moons now. There are multiple other nodes including a Raspberry Pi which has all of my sync'd folders and they are working fine.

btsync on machine A seems to have lost its marbles. Today I brought up the btsync window on A and instead of the usual list of directories, I received the initial "Link Devices" windows (which is used initially to tie the btsync instance to a device already running Sync 2.0).

I'm stumped - how do I debug this? Is my only recourse to re-link this device? That's a bit of a pain as I have directories spread out over multiple disks and Sync 2.0 doesn't handle that as smoothly as 1.4 did and there are about 20 synced directories.

pdxrlk,

Looks like settings got lost/corrupted. Did Sync crash right before you saw that? Was anything changed in the setup right before it happened? 

It's on Windows? Can you send Sync storage (%Appdata%\ BitTorrent Sync) to us? Make sure you have debug logging enabled 

Yes, not it's to re-link the devices. Unless you backed up the settings from storage. 

Thanks for the reply, yes the machine blue-screened several times before I noticed this.

I ended up re-linking the device. In order to correctly link  up the directories across multiple disks I first disconnected each folder (Deleting the placeholder files in the process). I then connected and specified the correct directories, and sync'd. All is good now.