Tablet Able To Delete Files

I am new to sync, trying it out for a project I am working on.  I have installed sync on a 2012 server and on a few android tablets.  I sync enable a folder on the server and then link the tablets as read only.

On my tablets I am able to delete files, these files are then delted on the server as well.  Lets say I create a text file on the server called test.txt.  It syncs with the tablet, then on the tablet I delete the file.  The file is deleted on the tablet and the server.

On top of that if I create a new file on the server in the sync folder called test.txt again, it dissapears within 5 seconds.

Anyone seen anything like this?  I am using the QR code to configure the tablets. 

I have noticed that on the tablets they show owner...even though I configured them as read only

I found I think it was due to the way I was linking the tablet.  I used the email method and now the tablet is read only as expected.  so I have a test folder synced....the documents sync to the tablet.  The tablet is set to sync all.  If I delete the file from the tablet, outside of sync, it does not seem to download the file again.  I have the option to manually sync it.  Is this a normal behavior?