Sign in to follow this  
raidoh

[Solved] Freenas Cannot Approve Peer

I've installed BT Sync 2.0.124 using the FreeNAS plugin. I can sync a directory using the manual link between the webgui and my Win7 desktop (2.0.128) on the local LAN, but only if I don't require Peer Approval. When requiring Peer Approval, it just continues to say Pending Approval on the desktop client and no notification comes up on the FreeNAS webgui to approve. I do want this service since I also sync with users outside the LAN and connect via email. 

Is there any documentation of how the Approval process works at a lower level so I can troubleshoot? It seems the tracking and listening ports are working properly since the one directory is sync'ing fine, but the Approval process doesn't seem to follow the same guidelines.

Thanks.

==========================================

Edited to add:

Nevermind. I edited /etc/group in the btsync jail and added btsync to the www group. Restarted the jail and the approval request showed up immediately. The FreeNAS plugin has not been the easiest to navigate.

www:*:80:btsync

Edited by raidoh