Help With Changing From 1.4 To 2

I don't get this new version at all. I tried to remove a folder marked with 1.4 in one location and re-add and all it did was re-add it as a 1.4 folder when I clicked the link icon on the empty folder. Then the damn thing started indexing again! It's already been indexed for crying out loud!

So did I do this incorrectly? Do I need to disconnect both clients folders in order to get them in as 2.0 versions? And why does it have to re-index when it's already 100% indexed?

WTF! I stopped the damn thing indexing on one folder and then removed it and the folder contents are completely hosed now on one end! Seriously, what the hell just happened. And no, I didn't select remove contents from folder when I removed it.

How do I remove a folder from Sync safely and keep all contents so I can change over to 2????

I really don't know that I like this new version. I tried to re-add back in the folder I had to remove because this thing up and removed my files and then it tried to re-add it on the other end as a different name (with a 1 after it) because the folder already existed. And it did this automatically.

I already have folders setup that I want to change to 2 WITHOUT losing already existing content and I'd prefer without reindexing both ends again. How can I accomplish this on my remaining 2 folders that are 1.4 versions on both ends (only 2 computers in my setup).

This is frustrating as all...

• 2 weeks later...

@acurcione

I tried to remove a folder marked with 1.4 in one location and re-add and all it did was re-add it as a 1.4 folder when I clicked the link icon on the empty folder.

You removed a folder only from one device. It still is present on others, and other peer(s) know that it is 1.4 folder. You should disconnect it completely from Sync (i.e. disconnect and then click "remove" button), then it will disappear from all linked devices and you can add it as 2.0 folder.

Although, when you remove it on this computer, Sync forgets all the data associated with this folder - and has to index it from scratch when you re-add it.

WTF! I stopped the damn thing indexing on one folder and then removed it and the folder contents are completely hosed now on one end! Seriously, what the hell just happened. And no, I didn't select remove contents from folder when I removed it.

Files should not be removed from disk when you disconnect the folder. Only if you check the checkbox. Could you please check what is the value of advanced parameter "delete_folder_from_disk"? (Cog button -> Preferences -> Advanced -> More options)