Sync Works Great But File Creation And Modification Dates Aren't Syncing Correctly.

I'm quite impressed with the app but I have one large issue that needs to be resolved. When files are synced, the source file creation and modification dates are not being synced correctly. The source file's creation date becomes the destination file's modification date and the destination file's creation date/time becomes the date/time of the transfer. This is not correct behavior and it is very misleading and confusing when trying to compare file versions, especially on things like photo files. I shouldn't have to dig into the metadata under the file's properties/info tab to see when a picture was taken.  I have used and loved a program called AllwaySync for years because it always transfers all file attributes correctly when Windows Explorer and many other programs do not. Please fix!

Thanks

• 2 months later...

Any comments from developers about this? When will this issue be addressed?

I came across same issue when BitTorrent was transferring files from Android (located at FAT32 external card) to Windows PC.

All files got current time as their modification timestamp.

The transfer in other direction (Windows => Android) works good.

• 7 months later...

I don't use bittorrent sync for this reason. The file metadata is as important as the data. I have very old files and when I inspect them one day in the future, I want to be sure that the file dates and times are the same ones in all my computers and that these are the original dates and times.