kodyb

Randomly Getting Machine "disconnected By Owner"

Recommended Posts

I have one machine in a group of 7 peers.

It is randomly getting false status messages that it has been "disconnected by owner". I can't find any history of this happening to others. Furthermore, we're not using the paid features of BT Sync 2.0, so we don't actually have the capability to disconnect this machine except from the machine itself.

 

I can't find anything in the log file that seems to indicate the disconnection that's going on. 

 

Can anyone offer some insight into what's happening?

 

Thanks,

-Kody

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi! Did you get rid of this problem? I've been seeing it for maybe a month now but it can't be widespread because you're post is the only one mentioning this (even outside of this forum). I don't know if it actually affects transfers because I don't use this machine much nowadays, it's mostly a backup machine for my main PC at home. It always goes away if I restart BT sync but then comes back after a while. I'm on windows 10 pro, 64-bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi mertzi, I'm also getting this problem recently. Very random. Unfortunately restarting BTsync doesn't solve it for me. Does anyone have any idea about this issue?

BTSync error.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At the risk of sounding like a "me too post."  We use BTsync to keep Arma 3 addons in sync between members of our community using a shared read-only folder.  Since upgrading to 2.3.3, we're also seeing this folder on new members attempting to get the folder for the first time.  If there's any additional information we can provide, please let me know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Funar,

Apparently those new members' identity is not added to acl , or added as "no access" permission level, to put it simply.

If they are on Windows, check CNG Key Isolation service - try restarting it. Also, check time settings on them.  And finally, see what's going on with folder Owner - is he/she sees those denied peers in their peer list.  

A quick fix would be to recreate Sync identity on their machines and try to connect to the folder again. 

If these do not help, share a few details about your setup - platforms, how peers are connected (linked under one identity or not), which exactly folder is affected and how it's added to those members. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/1/2016 at 1:09 AM, Funar said:

At the risk of sounding like a "me too post."  We use BTsync to keep Arma 3 addons in sync between members of our community using a shared read-only folder.  Since upgrading to 2.3.3, we're also seeing this folder on new members attempting to get the folder for the first time.  If there's any additional information we can provide, please let me know.

"me too" posts are necessary when there's no "I also have this problem" button or something similar.

On 3/2/2016 at 5:00 PM, Helen said:

Funar,

Apparently those new members' identity is not added to acl , or added as "no access" permission level, to put it simply.

If they are on Windows, check CNG Key Isolation service - try restarting it. Also, check time settings on them.  And finally, see what's going on with folder Owner - is he/she sees those denied peers in their peer list.  

A quick fix would be to recreate Sync identity on their machines and try to connect to the folder again. 

If these do not help, share a few details about your setup - platforms, how peers are connected (linked under one identity or not), which exactly folder is affected and how it's added to those members. 

Further information about acl and CNG would be great because I don't understand what that is or what to look for. Where do I restart CNG? I can't find any CNG in the task manager.

I have had issues in the past when using the same identity on all machines so I always set up BT Sync as it's own identity on each machine I use. At the moment 2 PC's with Windows 10 Pro. I only share one folder and both users are set as owners with all permissions. Time settings are in sync.

I will try to reconfigure BT Sync from scratch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@mertzi

hit Win+R -> type services.msc, in the list of services find CNG Key Isolation service, right click on it -> restart. 

When machines are linked under one identity ,they are all Owners - i.e. there is only one Owner, and it cannot revoke access from itself. I suspect that one of the machines got actually its identity corrupted, so it no longer was considered a part of the shared identity. 

If it happens, please send the logs from the machine who got denied and folder owner, also, a screenshot of owner's peer list would be much appreciated. Here's instruction for collecting logs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/3/2016 at 4:46 PM, Helen said:

@mertzi

hit Win+R -> type services.msc, in the list of services find CNG Key Isolation service, right click on it -> restart. 

When machines are linked under one identity ,they are all Owners - i.e. there is only one Owner, and it cannot revoke access from itself. I suspect that one of the machines got actually its identity corrupted, so it no longer was considered a part of the shared identity. 

If it happens, please send the logs from the machine who got denied and folder owner, also, a screenshot of owner's peer list would be much appreciated. Here's instruction for collecting logs.

A little late response but thank you! I did a complete re-installation/re-setup of BTSync instead and haven't seen the issue since. So no logs unfortunately. I'm now on 2.3.3 (296) and it works perfectly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am facing a similar issue. There is a folder named Services which when shared with new users, immediately shows a "Disconnected by Owner" message. All the other folders sync fine. Also it shows 0 of 0 peers online message while for other folders the peers show online. I have tried almost everything in vain, choosing a new identity, restarting CNG service, etc. but still not able to figure out what to do ?

Have even mailed support but the response comes after 3-4  days and even sending the logs to the support have not helped at all. 

Please help me out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now