Bt Sync Crashes Wifi For House

volvo64

OK, so I have a problem with BT Sync 2.0.127 (35) just killing my wifi in my house.

I have an Android phone that pulls files in 24/7 from the internet. When those files are finished downloading, they move to a shared BT Sync folder that should then sync to my laptop (OS X 10.9.5). The problem is that as soon as BT Sync starts moving files across the wifi, every device on wifi (iPhones, Mac) experience super intermittent internet. Webpages slow to a crawl, Netflix is not an option, everything is down. Pause the sync, and everything comes back up immediately.

At first, I thought this was an issue with bandwidth across the wifi, so I limited the bandwidth available. I started at 500kb/s, and now I'm down to 50kb/s. The option rate_limit_local_peers is set to true.

A note about my setup- we currently share internet access with the neighbors. I have a DD-WRT router acting as a wireless bridge. This problem happens regardless if the laptop is connected to the DD-WRT router in our apartment or directly to the neighbors' wifi.

Any ideas?