Baidu Pan As A Potential? Btsync Seeder/hoster

sk9c00

Heya everyone,

I've been looking at file sharing solutions for my university batch of school mates as the university's IT infrastructure isn't the best.

I've been trying to push for BTSync as the preferred method rather than ye o' USB transfers between friends, but it's a work in progress.

All of my seniors tend to prefer Baidu Cloud/Baidu Pan which provides 2 TB free cloud hosting. The most interesting aspect of it is that it supports BitTorrent tracker files and can apparently act as a seeder and download torrents.

The main issue about cloud hosting, I find, is upload speeds for files over several GBs.

Hence, I was wondering if there is a possible solution at the moment, or potentially in the future, where a Baidu Pan can act like a device synced to a BTSync folder?

Cheers, 

Edited by sk9c00

@sk9c00

For now we don't have integration to Baidu (and actually to all cloud solutions except OneHub) as it requires Sync instance to run in cloud providers's space. Though, please take a look at Daniel's post here, there is a solution to run Sync's instance in web and make kind of cloud.

I appreciate the quick reply, but I know BTSync doesn't have cloud integration.

The thing is, Baidu Pan has BitTorrent Protocol integration, as in, it can act as a torrent seeder. Considering that BitTorrent Sync is programmed by the same group that made the BitTorrent Protocol, I was wondering hypothetically wouldn't there be already built APIs that would let it theoretically work like a pre-defined host or something of similar nature? Especially considering that BitTorrent Sync supports trackers, or am I talking out of my depth here? ~As in it needs to be hard coded with specific BTSync API for it to work?

Edited by sk9c00