Latest Desktop Build 2.1.2

RomanZ

Dear community,

Sync 2.1.2 is now available below via direct download links. The build is not yet available via download site and auto-update.

Direct Download Links:

A list of what's new, improved, changed, and fixed in this version is available in the change log.

Latest Android build is now also available via direct link: 2.1.0 APK

Useless release.

Got 3 folders in a loop downloading a bunch of files for a total of... wait for it... 127TB! One of them is saying... 30 years to sync (the folder is 10GB and was fully sync before the upgrade).

Not to mention the icon on the notification area that appears (in some machines) as paused.

Fingers crossed... Let's try and roll back to 2.0.128.

Not to mention the icon on the notification area that appears (in some machines) as paused.

This is a known issue with 2.1.2 - the developers are aware and are working to fix.

Let's try and roll back to 2.0.128.

That's 3 releases back! The release prior to 2.1.2 was 2.1.1 - does that cause you problems also?

This is a known issue with 2.1.2 - the developers are aware and are working to fix.

That's 3 releases back! The release prior to 2.1.2 was 2.1.1 - does that cause you problems also?

3 releases back is where I was.

2.1.3 seems to fix the slow interface and problems detecting new files that I have seen in 2.0.128 but it definitely introduces new issues. I am using /webui to be able to have an UI that at least is responsive.

On top of that I just don't like that 2.1.x doesn't install in Program Files and it installs in the AppData folder. At least give us the choice!

Thanks for 2.1.2  - fixed my freezing crashing interface and my frozen, should have been rotating, but didn't, tray icon. My issues started in Win7 most likely related to a failing Hard Disk. Once I replaced the drive, uninstalled BTSync, reinstalled it, and then started to resync my measely ~TB of data, BtSync would continually freeze and crash. Win 10 came out so I did MS upgrade (yeah dumb move on my main work machine), the crashes became less and the interface became more responsive, but still eventually froze and died. Looks like it is back to normal now B), and Win 10 seems to be working good too.

Kudos to the Developement and support team. Hardware and OS issues on users machines may be a large part of any problems people are experiencing. Time to replace my 980x and x58 Board. 8 core Intel goodness here I come.