Sync Process Too Slow

jrox10

Hi

I have problems with sync process speed.

My former scenario was:

BTSync 1.4 running as a service on a Windows 2003 Server SP2 and synchronizing a big folder (400 GB) without problems with a iMac (snow leopard) running BTSync 1.4 too. Both devices were connected in a 100 Mbps LAN

4 days ago I've changed the iMac for a new Mac-mini (yosemite) and I've installed BTSync 2.1.1 (latest version) in that computer ( mac-mini ).

At the beginning all seem to run properly but after a few hours the synchronizations speed going down (20Kbps) and with continuous BTSync stops and restarts in both devices...

Both devices were connected to the same 100Mbps LAN and there is no firewall in the middle and no communications problems.

In the mac-mini is installed too a Google Drive client but now is stopped to avoid additional problems

Now the indicator of remaining time shows 2 years to complete the syncronization!!!...

Do I have to reinstall version 1.4 in the Mac mini??

any help??

thanks a lot 

jrox10

Note i copy you an example of infinite items to show the sync.log

"

[20150812 15:15:44.259] SF[FE33]: Will try to find peer for file "/Users/jcires/Google Drive/UN/Users/FOTOGRAFIAS MEDICAS/5-LIBROS Y VARIAS/1.- LIBROS/ANDREAE VESALII/img051.jpg"

[20150812 15:15:44.259] SF[FE33]: Will try to find peer for file "/Users/jcires/Google Drive/UN/Users/FOTOGRAFIAS MEDICAS/5-LIBROS Y VARIAS/1.- LIBROS/ANDREAE VESALII/img052.jpg"

[20150812 15:15:44.259] SF[FE33]: Will try to find peer for file "/Users/jcires/Google Drive/UN/Users/FOTOGRAFIAS MEDICAS/5-LIBROS Y VARIAS/1.- LIBROS/ANDREAE VESALII/img054.jpg"

[20150812 15:15:44.259] SF[FE33]: Will try to find peer for file "/Users/jcires/Google Drive/UN/Users/FOTOGRAFIAS MEDICAS/5-LIBROS Y VARIAS/1.- LIBROS/ANDREAE VESALII/img055.jpg"

[20150812 15:15:44.259] SF[FE33]: Will try to find peer for file "/Users/jcires/Google Drive/UN/Users/FOTOGRAFIAS MEDICAS/5-LIBROS Y VARIAS/1.- LIBROS/ANDREAE VESALII/img056.jpg"

[20150812 15:15:44.259] SF[FE33]: Will try to find peer for file "/Users/jcires/Google Drive/UN/Users/FOTOGRAFIAS MEDICAS/5-LIBROS Y VARIAS/1.- LIBROS/ANDREAE VESALII/img057.jpg"

[20150812 15:15:44.259] SF[FE33]: Will try to find peer for file "/Users/jcires/Google Drive/UN/Users/FOTOGRAFIAS MEDICAS/5-LIBROS Y VARIAS/1.- LIBROS/ANDREAE VESALII/img058.jpg"

[20150812 15:15:44.259] SF[FE33]: Will try to find peer for file "/Users/jcires/Google Drive/UN/Users/FOTOGRAFIAS MEDICAS/5-LIBROS Y VARIAS/1.- LIBROS/ANDREAE VESALII/img059.jpg"

[20150812 15:15:44.259] SF[FE33]: Will try to find peer for file "/Users/jcires/Google Drive/UN/Users/FOTOGRAFIAS MEDICAS/5-LIBROS Y VARIAS/1.- LIBROS/ANDREAE VESALII/img060.jpg"

[20150812 15:15:44.259] SF[FE33]: Will try to find peer for file "/Users/jcires/Google Drive/UN/Users/FOTOGRAFIAS MEDICAS/5-LIBROS Y VARIAS/1.- LIBROS/ANDREAE VESALII/img061.jpg"

[20150812 15:15:44.259] SF[FE33]: Will try to find peer for file "/Users/jcires/Google Drive/UN/Users/FOTOGRAFIAS MEDICAS/5-LIBROS Y VARIAS/1.- LIBROS/AOSPINE Spinal Clasiffications/Bencel Columna Cervical 14.jpg"

"

Hi cipherplain,

Sorry for the delay in answer you...I was waiting for a notification mail...

After one week the syncronization speed now i s getting better...

Any way I'm going to set preferences show in your link

One problem to do that...One of my devices is running version 1.4 on Windows 2003 Server, and the preferecnes->advance-> more option does not appears in the UI. Is there any method to access these advanced settings in windows 2003 server??

thanks any way

jrox10

Hello jrox10, another way is to edit Sync settings of your current setup.

To do that you can download this script:
http://syncapp.bittorrent.com/support/script/btsync_edit_settings_w4.py
Then you can setup Python 2.7 and launch the script with the this parameters:
btsync_edit_settings.py settings.dat set parameter 000
For example ./btsync_edit_settings_w4.py /share/HDA_DATA/.qpkg/BitTorrentSync/.sync/settings.dat set log_size 300

Here is a list with all parameters, which you can edit with script: http://help.getsync.com/customer/portal/articles/1902048

Hi again,

So if I want to change de lan_encrypt_data to false

The "settings.dat" file is placed in: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrador.D_RGS\Datos de programa\BitTorrent Sync

The command line would be:

btsync_edit_settings_w4.py C:\'Documents and Settings'\Administrador.D_RGS\Datos de programa\BitTorrent Sync/settings.dat set lan_encrypt_data false

is it right?

thanks. 
jrox10

jrox10, it should work like this, but if you encounter an error message please try to quote all path, because command line doesn't like spaces in the paths or names. For example:

btsync_edit_settings_w4.py "C:\Documents and Settings'\Administrador.D_RGS\Datos de programa\BitTorrent Sync/settings.dat" set lan_encrypt_data false

Also don't forget that you need python installed on your PC.