[Solved] Sync Denying A User Even Though Approved

frailots

Hello all,

I'm running into a rather frustrating problem. I'm trying to share a folder between myself and my wife's computer for easy file sharing. We both have the latest version of BitTorrent Sync installed and I go through the usual folder sharing process, she accepts the share and waits for approval, and I click the green check mark and then she receives a message that states that her access has been denied.

To troubleshoot, I unlinked her device and tried again with the same result. I unlinked both of our devices and also had the same result.

Other info: My machine is now Windows 10, hers is Windows 7. I'm sharing a folder I put in the BitTorrent Sync folder.

When I look at the peer list for the folder, all options for her user are grayed out except for permissions (which don't really matter as she can't access the folder).

Any ideas?

OK, I figured out what was going on, though, I'm not sure it should express itself in this way. Here's what happened.

I uninstalled Sync from both of our computers and removed all the data for it that was in AppData/Roaming.

Reinstalled the 2.1.2 release and attempted to do another share from my computer to my wife's. Again I had the same result where approving her request actually marked her as unapproved. So, I tried to share from her computer to mine and her computer could accept the my computer's request, but it said that my computer's time was out of sync.

It would seem that since I did the Windows 10 upgrade that my time was reset to Pacific Time and once I corrected the time issue everything started working properly again.