rtrpm-bittorrentsync

Problems/questions With Latest Iphone Camera Backup Syncing

Hi,

I've just updated the BTSync app on my iOS iPhone (latest iOS).

The first problem I had was that the app kept disappearing after a few seconds whenever I started it up.  I rebooted a few times but it made no difference.  Finally I managed to sort this by clicking quickly on one of the app buttons before it disappeared, and after allowing it to use the camera, then cancelling the operation I managed to get back to the Folders view and it has been stable since.  Just mentioning this in case this is a bug to be checked out...

The main 'problem' I have now is that two of the three 'Backing up to:' devices on the iPhone are always listed as in the Connecting... mode.  The other is fine and has synced.

Looking at BTSync on each device shows they have successfully synced with the iPhone, but they each have a different list files to upload to each other.

Can I fix this?  Or is it normal?

Mikman.

Mikman,

On those "connecting" devices, in their Sync open folder prefs and see if you have "Overwrite changed files" checked. If not, do check it. 

See if the files in their folders have Conflicts? 

As for crash, we couldn't get it happen on our iPhone, so if it crashes again, go to system settings -> Privacy -> Diagnostics&Usage -> Diagnostics&Usage Data, find latest BitTorrent Sync report, copy and save as a file and send to the team 

Or just switch "share with developers" there and the report will be sent to developers automatically. 

Thank you for the prompt reply.

That option is unchecked, but before I activate it, what does it do, or rather what will it do differently?

Is there a full (technical) and concise description anywhere of how the backup works because it seems that many people are confused with the Read-Only type shares.  I've tried to search but I don't find anything but simple how-tos and discussion here in various threads.

Thanks.

Mikman

Mikman,

>what does it do, or rather what will it do differently?
That option forces RO share to receive the files, that are changed on it, from RW peer. If files change on Ro peer they cannot be uploaded, and remain as they are if that option is not enabled. If it's enabled, Sync will re-download the changed files from RW peer:
1) renamed file will remain and file with older name will be re-downloaded.

2) deleted file will be re-downloaded

3) edited file (changed content) will revert back

4) added file will remain

Some details about RO are here. bakcup works the same way. One important feature of backup is if you delete the file from the phone, it will not be deleted from desktop.  

Thank you for the concise explanation and the link, that's great!

But given that I don't want my files being re-downloaded, so I have the setting unchecked, then the messages from the iPhone and in the Peer List seem eroneous/wrong because my folders are definitely in sync within the rules defined by the setting.

I guess I'd like to request that it tells me its in sync instead.  Is this possible to change, is it a worthwhile feature request?

Mikeman.