myradon

Btsync 2.1.1 (51) Running --User Arch Linux Can't Link Devices From Mac-Client

Hello,

I've got btsync running on Arch Linux as user-service by installing through Yaourt end following the dumped how-to after installation.

[raymond@htpc ~]$ systemctl --user status btsync● btsync.service - Bittorent Sync per-user service   Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/user/btsync.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)   Active: active (running) since Thu 2015-08-13 20:38:38 CEST; 27min ago  Process: 7858 ExecStart=/usr/bin/btsync --config %h/.config/btsync/btsync.conf (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS) Main PID: 7859 (btsync)   CGroup: /user.slice/user-1000.slice/user@1000.service/btsync.service           └─7859 /usr/bin/btsync --config /home/raymond/.config/btsync/btsync.confAug 13 20:38:38 htpc systemd[783]: Starting Bittorent Sync per-user service...Aug 13 20:38:38 htpc systemd[783]: Started Bittorent Sync per-user service.[raymond@htpc ~]$ btsync --helpBitTorrent Sync 2.1.1 (51)Usage:	  btsync [ options ... ]

So service seems to be fine. When I open the webui and try to Link Devices by pasting key from Mac-client the spinner spins for eternity. When I choose "first device" It immediately works and I can add folders.

Why doesn't link devices work?

myradon, probably peers don't see each other or something else could be related.

Could you reproduce it and collect logs from your peers? You can do that according to this instruction.

Mac OSX;

mercury:~ raymond$ cat  ~/Library/Application\ Support/BitTorrent\ Sync/debug.txtFFFFFFFF0

Arch Linux;

[raymond@htpc ~]$ cat /home/btsync_storage/debug.txtFFFFFFFF0

These logfiles are huge! I've uploaded them to a webserver

Logfile OSX: https://www.myradon.nl/misc/sync-osx-081415.log

Logfile Arch Linux: https://www.myradon.nl/misc/sync-arch-linux-081415.log

Arch Linux has IP 192.168.130.133 and OSX has got 192.168.130.130. I think I've changed Btsync 1.4 to 2.1 on Arch august 12. So most of the part on OSX-log isn't applicable. 

Edited by myradon

myradon, thank you for sending us logs.

We analyzed them and we need additional information.

Because you probably don't want to share that information publicly it's better to use our support system.

Please use contact support option in the Sync and mention this topic. Then you can send us archive from two peers with storage folder or if it is not convenient, we'll give you upload link.

After that you can try to delete storage folder on linux an tell us about results in e-mail message.

It has to do with key's and 1.4 to 2.0 upgrades. I've completely removed BT Sync from my Macbook and used the generated identity from Arch Linux And booom directly connected. I've completely deleted BT Sync with Appcleaner on my other OSX System used the Arch linux Identity key and also directly connected.

So it seems to me BTSync 2.0 doesn't like 1.4 identity key/ upgraded identity key. 

myradon, thank you for clarifications.

Its not related with keys (if you mean folder keys), but yes, something could happen during 1.4=>2.0 upgrade. In logs we saw some information and suggested to delete storage folder (where all settings are stored). Also it's not related with 1.4 identity, because in 2.0 version you create new unique identity or link to another identity.