Android Backup Problem

harrisc

I am running BTSync9 (Free ver 2.1.3) on 2 windows PC, one linux (Raspberry Pi) all connecting and working as expected.

I had had a Motorola Razr M connected and working well. The phone is running Cyanogenmod Android version 4.4.4. I had to reload the operating system on the Motorola and reload BTSync.

Now I have linked the Motorola to back up the camera files on the External SD card. I selected two peers on the device list and I get message that both peers are "connecting" but no connection occurs and no files are backed up. I then tried to add a "backup" of the same folder with same effect. I tried deleting all the files except one and still will not connect. 

Finally I managed to get the Motorola linked and working. Instead of selecting existing devices to connect to, I used the share button and emailed the link. This then worked on all 3 devices.

It is now working, but NOT from the the device list option

Chris

As I indicated all the Windows PC and linux (raspberry pi) are on free version. I can understand that the "My devices" feature may not be available for the free version, but I did select the peers and the program was trying to connect. 

It would be useful to have a message  the "This feature is only available in the Pro version"

Chris

harrisc, we've tried to reproduce it.

If you link android device to some peer with free license you won't be able to choose where to transfer photos. And also you can see "Connecting" only if you have another identity. Do you use the latest version for Android (2.1.0)?

Could you reproduce it and send us logs for analysis?

You can do that according to this instruction.