rbtsync

Changes Config File

hi,

I'm using bittorrent sync, but I have a "problem".

I run bittorrent sync without the configuration file (./btsync --nodaemon --webui.listen 0.0.0.0:8080).

When I make changes in the config from the UI and I run (./ btsync --nodaemon --config /btsync/config.json) the changes not persists in the DB file.

why is this happening?

thanks!!

Edited by rbtsync

rbtsync,

And what is "make changes in the config from UI"? What exactly changes you make? 

I can think of the following possible cause: 

when you run ./btsync --nodaemon --webui.listen 0.0.0.0:8080, sync settings and db files are stored in .sync directory near btsync binary and these are used by Sync.

When you run in config mode, settings and db files are stored in "storage_path" defined in config (if you actually define it there), so these are different settings 

rbtsync,

And what is "make changes in the config from UI"? What exactly changes you make? 

I can think of the following possible cause: 

when you run ./btsync --nodaemon --webui.listen 0.0.0.0:8080, sync settings and db files are stored in .sync directory near btsync binary and these are used by Sync.

When you run in config mode, settings and db files are stored in "storage_path" defined in config (if you actually define it there), so these are different settings 

Thanks Helen, 

Just I try to change the value of "storage_path" pointing to .sync directory, but not working.

I tried to change the speed limit download , but the value is not saved .

any solution?

Thanks !!!

rbtsync,

ok, the problem is? 

you launch Sync with config where you define speed limits. After that you launch Sync without config speed limit defined in not saved, right? Even though they now are using same storage. 

And you mean speed limit it no honored when you sync files, right? If yes, then you need to set "rate_limit_local_peer" to true, using this script 

python btsync_edit_settings_w4.py .sync/settings.dat set rate_limit_local_peers true//check that it's applied by python btsync_edit_settings_w4.py .sync/settings.dat get rate_limit_local_peers