Can't Apply License File To Nas

Running Sync 2.2.1 (104) on Synology NAS.

Just purchased a Personal Pro License. It says to copy the link to the keyfile and paste that into the Manual Connection box. Each time it says 'Invalid Link'

The link is valid, and it downloads the .btskey if pasted into a browser. 

I do also have the *.btskey file, can I do anything with this?

How do I go about licensing my NAS?

Allow us to upload the keyfile directly!

-=zdz=-

It took me a moment of searching the support files to get the license on my Drobo 5N as Support through email was not any help. The link provided in the email after purchase also gave me the same message you got when pasted in the Manual Connection field.

Open the btskey file in a text program and copy the line in it and paste it in the Manual Connection field.

I found these instructions in the link provided below under the Linux and NAS activation.

http://help.getsync.com/customer/en/portal/articles/1919623-how-to-activate-a-license-seat-?b_id=3895

Hope it works for you.

Open the btskey file in a text program and copy the line in it and paste it in the Manual Connection field.

I found these instructions in the link provided below under the Linux and NAS activation.

http://help.getsync.com/customer/en/portal/articles/1919623-how-to-activate-a-license-seat-?b_id=3895

Hope it works for you.

Many Thanks Isaacrdz. It works !  ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you very much for this post.

My NAS (DNS-325 from D-Link) didn't somehow recognize the license after upgrading to 2.1 version, while before it was working perfectly.

I tried several things (disconnecting the common identity, reinstalling the app, etc...) but none of them worked and my NAS didn't add the new advanced folders I was adding on my desktop.

Using your tweak made the license recognised once again by the NAS and I could finally connect to the previous identity using the manual connection without any issues.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...