Sync Stops After Initial

lekjaz

Hello,

I'm having some problem syncing folders. I set up two devices to sync via the internet over a cable connection with decent up/down speeds. One machine is running Windows 7 the other is Windows 8. Both are running the latest build of BTSync 2.2.

Originally I was running 1.4 but it was recommended to me that we upgrade to the latest to take care of some peer connecting problems. That issue seems to be fixed. I was able to consistently connect the peers and sync the two folders (although it took over 24 hours to sync 7 gigs of data at an average of ~60kbps... frustrating!)

Now that the original sync is done, subsequent updates to one folder do not sync with the other folder. So for example a file copied from my local sync folder does not show up on the remote drive folder - ever. I know this is the case because I can log into that remote drive and watch what is happening with it real time.

I think I've done all the easy stuff, like pausing and resuming the sync on the local drive several times. The local BTSync client still sees the peer and it has read/write priveledges to that folder. I have also tried manually uploading a file to that remote drive to see if it comes back to the local drive, but that direction doesn't work either. Periodically the folder status on the local machine will change to "indexing," but no data gets transferred. Most of the time the Status field is just blank. What's weird is that the history shows the folder "finished sync with [remote peer name]" but no data was transferred around that time.  I even rebooted the software and rebooted the Windows 7 PC (which is the one local to me). Nothing.

I'm stumped. It looks like BTSync did an OK job of getting the files to another drive once, but incremental changes... not so much. I'm losing the love with this idea of synchronization

I have the same problem. Version 1.4 was working very well. Then I upgraded to Version 2. Now more and more files are not getting synced any more. 

Most files in one folder are synced, but some are not. First I noticed this with only one file in one folder. Now more and more files are not synced in several folders. 

The files are listed correctly in history view when changed. History also shows history shows the folder "finished sync with [remote peer name]". But the files are never transfered.

I've tried the same things (pausing, restarting...)  like lekjaz. No luck.

I found a solution. Maybe this helps someone else with the same problem, too.

It looks like some folders are in a weird state between read/write and read only. 

• Mouse over the folder shows "Read & Write Standard Folder"
  • Options menu shows "Copy Read Only key" but not "Copy Read & Write key"
  • In preferences "Overwrite any changed files" is enabled. This should be only with read only folders

I don't know why this happened, maybe from the update from 1.4 to 2.x. I have never used read only folders. So I deleted all the syncing on all devices and added all the folders completely new with new read write key. It was a lot of work but now everything seems woking fine like before.