Synching Two Already Synched Folders

maba

Hi,

I have a large amount of pictures in a folder myPictures. I have this folder on three computers and would like to keep it synchronized. Currently, the files are synchronized. When I create a share folder on whatever of these three computer and try to put it on sync with the others, BitTorrent actually starts to copy files to the other two computers. Since the number of files in very large, BitTorrent calculates it will need around 50 days to do the sync (taking almost all the bandwidth). However the folders are already synched and I was expecting BitTorrent will only check and not actually copy the files. At least the older version of BitTorrent Sync worked that way.

Am I doing something wrong?

Regards,

Marko

maba, you need to check if you have correct folder path. When you add a folder into non-empty location, Sync suggests another path to avoid conflicts. So if you have "(1)" in your folder name probably it explains why Sync has transferred files.

If not we need logs for analysis. You can reproduce it and contact us via this form to send logs.

post-48544-0-94634200-1443176193_thumb.p