Renaming A Synced Folder Is Buggy On Ios

macula

I am having trouble making a folder rename "stick" on iOS. I tap on the "information" button, then rename the folder, but after disconnecting it from the client the folder name, as it appears in the client, reverts to the original one. Curiously, this bug occurs on my iPad Air but not on my iPhone 5S, both running iOS9. Thanks for taking a look.

Edited by macula

@macula

It's not a bug. Once you Disconnected folder from the device, it no longer physically exists on your iOS. So, Sync takes its name from the My Devices mesh - and it keeps its old name.

So how can I update the name of the folder from the My Devices mesh? And why is it not a bug if it behaves both counterintuitively and differently compared to the Desktop client, where the renames "stick"? Thanks.

@macula

It behaves in same way on desktops. Once you added the folder, its name is added to "My devices". Even if you rename it, it will stay same in "My devices". Disconnecting the folder on PC will show it with its original name. Currently, there is no way to update the name stored in "My devices".