Removing Two Dead But Unlinked Devices From My Account

macula

@RomanZ, I am running the premium non-subscription version, for which I bought a license three days ago. I have hidden the devices, but there are two lingering issues with this process:

1. As far as I know, hiding devices is impossible on the iOS app.

2. The hidden devices no longer appear in "My Devices" but still do appear in the denominator of the "X of Y peers online" message. In my case, Y=6 although, with two devices hidden, it should be Y=4.

Following a suggestion on this forum, I deleted the two corresponding folders in ~/Application Support/BitTorrentSync/ but only one of two devices was effectively removed.

Thanks.

Edited by macula

I'm very interested in this, too.

Since you can only activate 10 devices with a personal Pro license, I would like to know wether a dead and unlinked device still counts as one of those activations. How can I reclaim an activation ? Or rather: What happens if I run out of activations because my profile is cluttered by unused devices.

For example: hdd crash -> complete reinstallation + new activation.

If this happens ten times, is the pro license then void ?

@all

I'm very interested in this, too.
Since you can only activate 10 devices with a personal Pro license, I would like to know wether a dead and unlinked device still counts as one of those activations. How can I reclaim an activation ? Or rather: What happens if I run out of activations because my profile is cluttered by unused devices.

For example: hdd crash -> complete reinstallation + new activation.
If this happens ten times, is the pro license then void ?

He got a response from one of the support people at Sync.

The link to the post with the response is here where he corrects the statement quoted here.

http://forum.bittorrent.com/topic/41301-revoke-license-activation/#entry111754