macula

Removing Two Dead But Unlinked Devices From My Account

Two iOS devices that I had linked to my BitTorrent Sync ID recently died before I was able to unlink them. How can I unlink them at this stage? Any hidden files/folders (e.g. plists?) that I could tweak? Thanks.

@macula

There should be cross button in My Devices (to the left of the same line where device stays) intended to hide these devices, although it is not available in Free version (due to bug). Are you using Sync 2.2 Free?

@RomanZ, I am running the premium non-subscription version, for which I bought a license three days ago. I have hidden the devices, but there are two lingering issues with this process:

1. As far as I know, hiding devices is impossible on the iOS app.

2. The hidden devices no longer appear in "My Devices" but still do appear in the denominator of the "X of Y peers online" message. In my case, Y=6 although, with two devices hidden, it should be Y=4.

Following a suggestion on this forum, I deleted the two corresponding folders in ~/Application Support/BitTorrentSync/ but only one of two devices was effectively removed.

Thanks.

Edited by macula

Also wondering about this, was looking for a way to delete disconnected peers from the list as I've recently changed mobiles and reinstalled an os on one of my pcs, so now have 2 peers i'd like to delete as they no longer exist.

I'm very interested in this, too.

Since you can only activate 10 devices with a personal Pro license, I would like to know wether a dead and unlinked device still counts as one of those activations. How can I reclaim an activation ? Or rather: What happens if I run out of activations because my profile is cluttered by unused devices.

For example: hdd crash -> complete reinstallation + new activation.

If this happens ten times, is the pro license then void ?

@all

I'm very interested in this, too.
Since you can only activate 10 devices with a personal Pro license, I would like to know wether a dead and unlinked device still counts as one of those activations. How can I reclaim an activation ? Or rather: What happens if I run out of activations because my profile is cluttered by unused devices.

For example: hdd crash -> complete reinstallation + new activation.
If this happens ten times, is the pro license then void ?

He got a response from one of the support people at Sync.

The link to the post with the response is here where he corrects the statement quoted here.

http://forum.bittorrent.com/topic/41301-revoke-license-activation/#entry111754