Change From Read-Only To Read-Write

daave

Hello,

I have two machines:

A: 6TB (RW)

B: 12TB (RO)

C: 12TB (RO) (Offline)

Originally, machine A was the main machine, and B was a read-only client.  A and B are synched.  C is offline right now.  A is now full and I need to change the drive configuration.  I'd like to change B to be a Read-Write machine, re-do the drives on A and sync it back up.  But without having to re-sync all of B to C.

Can I somehow change B to be the "master" read/write machine?  I.e change the key but not totally re-sync?

Thanks.

@daave

If you are using advanced folder and Sync Pro - you simply open the peer list on your A computer, find your B and tell it that from now on it is RW.

If you are either Free or using standard folder - you'll need to reconnect your folder on B. Sync will re-index files, though won't resync anything.

• 1 month later...

Hmmm, so I tried to accomplish this with a new folder pair.

Computer A and B are both linked to my Pro License with the same username/key. I made a new advanced folder on computer A, setting it as the owner. It showed up on Computer B, as expected. I connected it, but it is default Owner with R/W access. I want computer B to merely be a backup server. I feel like the Pro version should allow both user-based and device-based access...

Edited by jake.sadie

• 6 years later...