Revoke License Activation

mintwurm

I would like to buy sync pro but there is one remaining question:

It says on the help page that the pro version can be activated on ten devices.

Does that mean on ten concurrent or on ten consecutive devices.

Lets assume I would have one server for sync. If I reinstall Linux on this server ten times and activate sync each time, is my pro license then void ? Or can I reclaim licenses from unused installations ? How does this work, how are the used devices detected ?

Wow, I didn't know there was a 10-device limit to the personal license. I assumed it was licensed to 1 user, regardless of how many devices were owned by that 1 user.

Now I have to be mindful of how many of my computers I've installed it on? Hmm, maybe I should not have been so quick to show my support for BitTorrent by immediately purchasing when they made the perpetual license available...

EDIT:

Actually, upon further reading, it sounds like if the devices are linked (so far all of my computers are linked), then they all count as 1. So that's OK I guess. But then I have similar questions to mintwurm. How do I keep track of what's been used so far and how do I revoke installations in future if I just want to start everything over from scratch. In other words, how/where is this all tracked?

The support has answered the question:

Eldrin was right: Ten identities, unlimited devices under one identity.

"If you want to buy Sync for Personal purposes you can activate Pro personal license on up to 10 devices running Sync under different identities.It means 10 concurrent devices with different identities but with the same license ID it is a new feature of Sync 2.2 .To these independent devices you can link others via "My devices" mode."

And the license doesn't void after 10 activations:

"The Pro license will not void if you reinstall the OS ten times.It means you can apply it on up to 10 devices at the same time under different identities.You can unlink your devices and link them again even 20 times but our system can see the number of applied license id under different devices.For example if you have 10 devices and you apply this license on all of them then you reinstall the OS on one of them after you can apply this license again."

I wouldn't want to get this out of context. If anyone is interested in the full conversation (support ticket and answer) I will post it.