Bt Sync Won't Open On Os X 10.11

hds

Hi, 

everything seemed to work fine, i was using BT  Sync 1.4 with OS X El Capitan (10.11) - unfortunately I got invited to share a link which would only work with 2.0. 

I installed 2.0 and now nothing starts. There is a Bittorrent Sync process running (but idle), no window will open. Even after deleting the ~/Library/Application Support/Bittorrent Sync/ folder and reinstalling the application: nothing. 

Help?

Hi guys, 

Do you use the latest version of BitTorrent Sync? Version 2.2.4 contains some fixes related to Mac OS 10.11 compatibility. You can download it from here: http://forum.bittorrent.com/topic/41378-latest-desktop-build-224/.

If the issue is reproduced please try to run BitTorrent Sync from terminal, just type "/Applications/BitTorrent\ Sync.app/Contents/MacOS/BitTorrent\ Sync" in Terminal window and check if there is any errors in the output.

I downloaded the latest version and the issue is reproduced.  I tried the terminal.  Using the terminal method the app is at least not hanging.  However it is giving errors copied below:

*** WARNING: Method convertPointToBase: in class NSView is deprecated on 10.7 and later. It should not be used in new applications. 

plugin com.bittorrent.Sync.FinderExtension invalidated

This is a known warning, you could ignore it. We will double-check why "plugin com.bittorrent.Sync.FinderExtension invalidated" happens.

But these are not reasons of the hang. Could you please reproduce the issue and create a sample of BitTorrent Sync process using Activity Monitor? Also could you please send us a log file from ~/Library/Application Support/BitTorrent Sync/sync.log.

You can send us the files by http://help.getsync.com -> Contact Sync Support -> Fill the form(please mention that the files are for Anton)

• 7 months later...

Fresh install of btsync and I see the same issue. Can't keep the app open long enough to get to the preferences, so no debug logs. Opening from Terminal does not help. No previous prefs or content under Application Support. The errors are always the same. El Cap 10.11.5, btsync version 2.3.7.

5/29/16 1:13:45.655 PM Finder[493]: plugin com.bittorrent.Sync.FinderExtension interrupted
5/29/16 1:13:45.656 PM Finder[493]: plugin com.bittorrent.Sync.FinderExtension invalidated
5/29/16 1:13:45.657 PM com.apple.xpc.launchd[1]: (com.bittorrent.Sync.FinderExtension[1684]) Service exited due to signal: Killed: 9

quit Sync, disable Sync in Finders extensions (System preferences -> extensions -> finder), start Sync. See if it'll change anything. 

In any case, please do send the sync.log from ~/Library/Application Support/BitTorrent Sync/ to support. together with any dmp files from same directory. Also, check /Users/<user_name>/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/  for any files with "BitTorrent Sync...." in their name. Send the latest as well. Thanks!