1.4 To 2.2 With No Issues

JerryWithaJ

SInce I'd used enough pixels about problems some users experience when moving from 1.4 to 2.0, it seemed only fair to report that my transition from 1.4 to 2.2 went without a hitch.

In a previous thread, I was told, "Technically, Sync 2.x was designed to do upgrade from 1.4. Just shut down your 1.x Sync and start 2.x. All folders will stay as "classic" or "standard" (depending on minor version of 2.x Sync) folders. Identity will stay unchanged. Indeed, community members reported issues during upgrade. There are bugs in Sync 1.x which sometimes cause changes in the database, representing the folder - which stay after upgrade and can behave differently in 2.0. We've fixed all that we've managed to identify, although I can't claim that we've fixed all the 100% of issues."

In a separate email, I was warned, "to remove your old local storage of the app before upgrading to 2.2 version from 1.4 version. In this case you will need to re-add and re-index all necessary folders which you want to synchronize."

The thing I most wanted to avoid in updating was having to "re-add and re-index all necessary folders which you want to synchronize."  Since everything was working fine in 1.4, I decide to take a chance and update without removing old local storage."  I took a chance here.  I don't recommend that anyone else do it.  But it seems to have worked.

The only small hiccup involved the Android update.  At first, it looked like the the folder information (but not the folders) was lost during the upgrade.  However, it reappeared while I was in the process of reentering it.  I don't know what triggered it, whether it was just a matter of time, or whether the keystrokes completed some process.  In any case, it's all good, so far.