Btsync Package/bin For Openwrt/dd-Wrt And Arm (Linksys Wrt1200/1900V2) ?

Hi,

there seem to-be a ARM binary, but it seems its not ARMv7l compatible so i can't run it on the latest lineup of openWRT compatible ARM routers/NAS?

Getting BTSync to compile on openWRT should be relatively simple, since they have a good toolset in place and are very close to a "real" linux distribution in terms of available packages and there use of a extroot overlay filesystem.

So is there a package available that is compatible and can be used on those ARM V7l, A9 Routers running openWRT/DD-WRT?

Yes i did download the arm binary and extracting and setting the execute flag simply results in:

./btsync-sh: ./btsync: not found

This seems to indicate that the binary is not recognized as compatible executeable, since the file exists in the directory and has the +X flags. I can also run other binarys from the same location just fine.

model name      : ARMv7 Processor rev 1 (v7l)processor       : 1BogoMIPS        : 2655.84Features        : half thumb fastmult vfp edsp vfpv3 tls vfpd32CPU implementer : 0x41CPU architecture: 7CPU variant     : 0x4CPU part        : 0xc09CPU revision    : 1Hardware        : Marvell Armada 380/385 (Device Tree)Revision        : 0000Serial          : 0000000000000000

@Andy22

That's a linking issue. To solve it, find the linker binary refers to (run "file btsync" or "readelf -d btsync" command). Then you'll need to create a symlink pointing to the linker that actually exists on your OS.

Only problem is DD-WRT 3.0 does not come with a "file" or "readelf" binary...

PS: Guess now i need to find out where i can grab a arm compatible readelf binary that runs on the router. I realy do not want to invest the time and install the DD-WRT toolchain and compile my own binutils.

What clib you compile against btw?

Maybe you might consider linking statically against MUSL in the future to prevent such cases for embedded devices?

• 3 weeks later...

@Andy22

You can do it on any other computer. For Sync 2.2.7 path is "/lib/ld-linux.so.3" so you can create a symlink pointing to the linker you have (likely /lib/ld-linux-arm*.so.3)

We are compiling with GNU C Library 2.13.

For the linking statically against MUSL - it is very unlikely we are going to implement it in future, although thanks for proposal.

• 10 months later...

Hi,

My router is wndr4300, cpuinfo is:

root@OpenWrt:~# cat /proc/cpuinfo
system type             : Atheros AR9344 rev 2
machine                 : NETGEAR WNDR4300
processor               : 0
cpu model               : MIPS 74Kc V4.12
BogoMIPS                : 278.93
wait instruction        : yes
microsecond timers      : yes
tlb_entries             : 32
extra interrupt vector  : yes
hardware watchpoint     : yes, count: 4, address/irw mask: [0x0ffc, 0x0ffc, 0x0ffb, 0x0ffb]
isa                     : mips1 mips2 mips32r1 mips32r2
ASEs implemented        : mips16 dsp dsp2
shadow register sets    : 1
kscratch registers      : 0
package                 : 0
core                    : 0
VCED exceptions         : not available
VCEI exceptions         : not available

I download btsync from https://download-cdn.getsync.com/2.3.8/linux-arm/BitTorrent-Sync_arm.tar.gz

I run btsync is error:

root@OpenWrt:~# /usr/bin/btsync
/usr/bin/btsync: line 1: syntax error: unexpected word (expecting ")")

• 6 months later...
On 11/17/2015 at 10:32 AM, Andy22 said:

Only problem is DD-WRT 3.0 does not come with a "file" or "readelf" binary...

PS: Guess now i need to find out where i can grab a arm compatible readelf binary that runs on the router. I realy do not want to invest the time and install the DD-WRT toolchain and compile my own binutils.

What clib you compile against btw?

Maybe you might consider linking statically against MUSL in the future to prevent such cases for embedded devices?

Did you get it patched? Care to share? My library is: ld-musl-arm.so.1

• 11 months later...