What Is The Last Version Of Bt Sync To Support Android 2.3.x?

Devonavar

So I discovered today that, at some point, my music share stopped being compatible with the version of BT Sync on my mp3 player (an old LG phone running CyanogenMod 2.3.7).  No problem, I thought, just update BT Sync on the phone.

Turns out, that's not possible — Android 2.x isn't supported on current releases.

So ... my question is ... is there a version of Sync that supports the more recent share format (I assume this is the 2.x share format) that will run on old Android? I have zero interest in buying a new device just to run BT Sync, and I'd rather not have to run a separate Sync instance just for my music collection.

Failing that ... is there a way to workaround version checks (possibly by back-porting newer libraries along with the install?)

So ... my question is ... is there a version of Sync that supports the more recent share format (I assume this is the 2.x share format) that will run on old Android? I have zero interest in buying a new device just to run BT Sync, and I'd rather not have to run a separate Sync instance just for my music collection.

As cipherplain indicates, Sync 1.4.65 was the last version supported on Android 2.3. It won't support "Advanced" (2.x) folders, but will support "Standard" (1.4) folders - that doesn't mean that you'll need to run a "separate" instance of Sync though - I have 1.4.65 running on a Android 2.3 device, and syncing with desktop devices running the latest Sync 2.2.6 without issue! :)