Sync Pro, Devices And Shared Folders

zbigb69

Hello,

i bought sync pro.

since it's lifetime licence, i said before i would pay for it so i did.

I have a question, maybe you've already talk about, but i didn't find anything :

- i apply pro license on both of my computers

- i have so in my devices my two computers

- if i add a new advanced folder on A, B do not see the new folder, until a share the folder with owner persmissions.

Like i have the same license and identity on both of my computer, why the new folder isn't shared automaticly, is it normal ?

And by the way, is it possible to change the name identity ?

thank you.

@zbigb69

If you linked your A and B under one identity - your folders should propagate automatically. I suggest you've got 2 different identities, as by default Sync creates a new identity upon first run. Applying license on both won't automatically link them - it needs to be done explicitly.

Easy way to check that is to open My Devices -> Identity Details. If fingerprints on A and B are different  - you've got 2 different identities and simply need to link your devices.

Though note, that you can keep using different identities if you don't need the auto-propagation feature.

I'm also a Pro user with my initial license on my Mac Air. 3 days ago I installed Sync on a Raspberry Pi using Moe's automated script and before doing anything else I copied the Pro license link from my laptop to the Pi via the Manual Connection link. It took less than a minute before all the folders, 8 parent and ~20 child folders started syncing in full. After everything finished syncing I added a couple new folders on my Mac and they appeared with files on the Pi in a relatively short amount of time.