[Solved] 2 Pcs On A Lan, No Peers Online

adrianjm

Yesterday I installed btsync on 2 windows computers in a lan, and set up 2 folders. They connected and synced the data fine. Later in the day they updated changed data fine.

Today, both pc's are not connecting, with no peers online. They can ping each other, have access to the internet, on the same subnet, I can even map network drives, but btsync is not communicating.

Even though it wasn't required yesterday to make these two sync up, I enabled multicast packets on the router, but still not connected.

What else should I be checking to get the sync working?

Adrian

Adrian,

I wonder what was changed in setup/network between "working" and "not working"? 

Check listening port of Sync - may be one of them got blocked? 
Try "Predefined Hosts" feature - on peer1 put there IP:port of peer2, and vice versa. Restart Sync. 

Perhaps one of peers is on WiFi and the other - wired? If so, try connecting them both on either WiFi or wired, or check packets transmission between Ethernet/wifi in router. 

If these tips don't help, please submit logs to support.

• 7 months later...

I've been having a similar issue lately - 3 computers on a LAN, all set to only sync over LAN. Periodically, it was as though BTSync couldn't see that the others were online, even when they were. Would come and go. Finally with a bit of poking around, I discovered the issue. Under Options>Preferences>Advanced>Power User Preferences, folder_defaults.use_relay and folder_defaults.use_tracker had both been set to false. I don't recall doing this, but that doesn't mean I didn't - have a tendency to tinker sometimes :-) Anyway, I probably thought that was a global way to force BTsync to only use the LAN. resetting them both back to default (true) seems to have cleared up the problem - just a matter of going through and ensuring that LAN only is setup for each folder individually. Hopefully this helps somebody else!