[Solved] Sync On Android Stopped Syncing With Pc

davidicus

:( my android device stopped backing up some time in the last month. On the PC, I just noticed the most recent Date Synced is "a month ago" and there are files as new as today that aren't in the backup location. It used to work great on all ten directories.

I've tried restarting both devices. Since I can't force a sync, not sure what to do. Anything that can break this connection?

In Sync folder preferences on desktop enable "Overwrite any changed files" option, see if it helps. 

thanks! i don't recall seeing that option before. how does it behave with a modified file if Overwrite is not checked?

btw, were the folders always called Read Only? sounds like files can't be added (?). i want to ensure files can't be deleted from the destination.

Edited by davidicus

davidicus, we've received your message with logs. Let's continue our discussion in our support system.

Folders with read-only permissions always were called "read only" and it means if you delete, modify or add files on the peer with such a folder, Sync won't transfer changes to other peers. If you activate "Overwrite any changed files" option then all deleted files will be downloaded from other peers and any changed files will be replaced by files from other peers.

ok--should i expect an email or something at some point? really anxious to get this working again

Yes, if you've opened a support ticket, you'll receive a response via email.

The speed of response will depend on whether you're a Sync "Pro" user, or a user of the "Free" edition.

Also, it's worth checking your spam/junk folder, as your ticket may have been replied to and erroneously found its way there by mistake.

• 2 weeks later...

The problem was related to old Sync version. Previously if computer had free license and was united with some mobile device synchronization stopped for the folders, which were added automatically because of "My devices" feature. So it was necessary to create new identity or share folders from PC or mobile device again.

Now synchronization always should work if all peers have recent Sync version. So if anyone encounters it please check your Sync version and if it doesn't help you contact us sending feedback with logs from devices.