Btsync + Ds213J

Hi

I've just install Btsync from packages center and doesn't works.

When I run it a new browser tab opens trying to connect and nothing appears. I've open port in router but  still it doesn't work.

My synology is running DSM 5.2-5644 and the Bittorrent sync version is 2.2.5-1

What can I do?

Thanks

Edited by neser

Finally it works!

I've followed this steps:

- Connect to synology by ssh and edit the file sync.conf. Into the file I introduced new lines with the user, password and changed the default port. In my case the default port was 8890 but when I had btsync 1.4 I remembered that I had 8888 so... I tried it.

- After this, I launched again the app from synology bittorrent sync icon and it didn't work because the new tab still trying with port 8890.

-So I manually type in the browser the correct IP:8888 and it worked! Now all my folders are syncing fine!

So... one last question. How can I change the default port in the synology app? I don't want to write it manually each time.

@neser

You can SSH to your NAS and edit Sync's config file and choose any other port you like (though, be careful not to occupy already occupied port):

/usr/local/bittorrentsync/var/sync.conf

Be sure to shut down BitTorrent Sync before you edit the file though :)

I did it but it doesn't work. 

Into sync.conf file I typed port 8888 but when I launch btsync from control panel icon in  my synology, it uses port 8890 not with the port written into the sync.conf.

If I want it work, I have to type the correct port in the browser tab.

I am running into the same problem. My synology D213j is running DSM 5.2-5644 and the Bittorrent sync version is 2.2.7-1. I  tried bit sync 2.2.5-1 but it kept crashing, so I update it to 2.2.7-1.  Anyway I can't get it to work. I need a little help to change the port in the sync.conf file. I can login into via ssh admin@192.168.1.114, but I need step by step after that.

Thanks

Can you post the sync.conf file change?

"listen" : "0.0.0.0:8890",

"allow_empty_password" : false,                

"directory_root" : "/",                                

"dir_whitelist" : ["/volume1","/volume2","/volume3","/volume4","/volume5","/volume6","/volume7","/volume8","/v

"directory_root_policy":"belowroot"

}

}    

@neser

This is almost I wanted to see :). You say that adjusting the "/usr/local/bittorrentsync/var/sync.conf" file did not help, so I wanted to ensure that it is indeed the config file used by Sync.  Unfortunately, the screenshot you shared does not show full name and path of a config file used by Sync.

Please also note, that changing this config file changes the actual port Sync is listening, not the URL that you see in your Package Center!

@Orlandowave

Here is a config file from my lab NAS, adjusted to port 8888 and proved working. Although, its simple (and safer) to change existing config rather than completely copypaste this one.

{  "storage_path" : "/usr/local/bittorrentsync/var",  "pid_file" : "/usr/local/bittorrentsync/var/syncapp.pid",  "display_new_version" : false,  "vendor" : "Synology",  "webui" :  {    "listen" : "0.0.0.0:8888",    "allow_empty_password" : false,    "directory_root" : "/",    "dir_whitelist" : ["/volume1","/volume2","/volume3","/volume4","/volume5","/volume6","/volume7","/volume8","/volume9","/volume10","/volume11","/volume12","/volume13","/volume14","/volume15","/volume16","/volume17","/volume18","/volume19","/volume20"],    "context":"{\"folder_blacklist\": [\"\/@\", \"\/lost\\\\+found\"]}",    "directory_root_policy":"belowroot"  }}

@neser

Please also note, that changing this config file changes the actual port Sync is listening, not the URL that you see in your Package Center!

Try manually connecting to port 8888 and it will work.

Unfortunately, I did not found how to change this URL in Package Center. Looks like it only changes during installation.

@neser

Try manually connecting to port 8888 and it will work.

Unfortunately, I did not found how to change this URL in Package Center. Looks like it only changes during installation.

Yes, If I type manually the port it works.

My question was whether there was any way to change the url in Package Center but if there is no way I will continue to do manually  :(

Did you stop the BitTorrent Sync process, change the config file to the port you want to have it set?

To confirm your configuration runs properly, can you run the following command:

/usr/local/bittorrentsync/bin/btsync --config /usr/local/bittorrentsync/var/sync.conf --nodaemon

and see what it outputs?

Thanks for posting the file. I made the changes and also tried adding my bit sync username/password. However, I still can't get bit sync to work for me.  Any suggestions what I should try next?

{

"storage_path" : "/usr/local/bittorrentsync/var",

"pid_file" : "/usr/local/bittorrentsync/var/syncapp.pid",

"display_new_version" : false,

"vendor" : "Synology",

"webui" :

{

"listen" : "0.0.0.0:8888",

"login" : "Nas.home",

"password" : "XXXXXXX",

"allow_empty_password" : false,

"directory_root" : "/",

"dir_whitelist" : ["/volume1","/volume2","/volume3","/volume4","/volume5","/volume6","/volume7","/volume8","/volume9","/volume10","/volume11","/vol

"directory_root_policy":"belowroot"

}

}

Thanks

Did you stop the BitTorrent Sync process, change the config file to the port you want to have it set?

To confirm your configuration runs properly, can you run the following command:

/usr/local/bittorrentsync/bin/btsync --config /usr/local/bittorrentsync/var/sync.conf --nodaemon

and see what it outputs?

Yes, I stop Bittorrentsync when I changed the config file.

I've run the command that you said me. First I stopped the bittorrentsync process and the command output is this:

r7u9u8.jpg

35jasti.jpg

And after I run the process and I executed the command again:

15i2gpj.jpg

Really now Btsync is working fine to me even though I've to type the port manually in the browser. So I hope all of this discussion would be useful to somebody else.

@neser

Changing port in sync confing to 8890 may not work only due to one reason - some other process already occupies this port. I suggest running netstat -anp | grep 8890 to see who takes the port.

@Orlandowave

The config looks okay. Could you please share on what exactly not working? If you can't open WebUI of Sync while Synology DSM says it is running - it is worth of logging in to your NAS and checking

1) if btsync process is running and it is using correct config file

2) if btsync is indeed listens to 8888 port.

Bit sync is running. But I can't pull up Web interface @ NAS_IP:8888 

DiskStation> /usr/local/bittorrentsync/bin/btsync --config /usr/local/bittorrent

sync/var/sync.conf --nodaemon

Can't lock pid file. It seems BitTorrent Sync is already running with pid 7776

DiskStation> 

How do I check to see if btsync is listen to 8888 port?