Newer Version Of Files Overwritten After Connecting

tookaway

I wanted to share a folder from computer A to computer B via BT Sync. Here is what I did.

1. I added the folder to BT Sync on computer A.

2. Since the folder is really large, I pre-copied all the files to computer B.

3. Before I connected the two folders on the two computers, I did some change on computer A. The changed files had newer modification time, so I supposed that they would be copied to computer B once they are sync'd.

4. I created a link in BT Sync on computer A and opened it on computer B. When prompted to enter a destination folder on computer B, I selected the pre-copied folder.

After the two clients finished sync'ing, I found that the changed files on computer A were reverted back to the old version. I wonder if this is a bug or intentional for some reason.

sorry, but we cannot reproduce it with standard folders. The files are synced correctly. Is time setting correct on each PC? What Sync version you use on both? Make sure it's 2.2.7 If it already happens on 2.2.7, can you please reproduce it on some test files and send debug logs from both peers to support? Please mention this forum topic, distinguish the logs (A's and B's) and please indicate which files this was reproduced on. Thank you.