Deleted/moved Folder Reappears In Previous Location

CarlenWhite

Having a particularly odd issue with BitTorrent Sync and how it's handling deleted files.

If I delete or move a folder from the client, it'll reappear empty in the previous location.

However, if I delete/move the folder from the server, it completes successfully and doesn't reappear.

The setup is as follows.

• We have one server that's set up both with Google Drive and BitTorrent Sync.
  • BitTorrent Sync is set up to read & write to the Google Drive folder and keep things synced inside our network.
  • Machine is using BitTorrent Sync to keep a copy of the folder with read & write.
  • Both machines are on the same network.
  • Server: Windows Server 2012
  • Client: Windows 8.1

Client Logs

Server Logs

Places with [...] is just redundant, garbage information. Like sync polls and many files being moved.

!+ Resynced the time on both machines. Issue still presists.

!+ Did more testing. Created a folder, put files in it, moved it, and works successfully.

!+ Coming down to if '.files' [dot files] are causing the issue.

!!+ Possible fix. Add `.picasaoriginals` & `.picasa.ini` to `.sync/IgnoreList`

Edited by CarlenWhite

CarlenWhite, 

If I delete or move a folder from the client, it'll reappear empty in the previous location.

However, if I delete/move the folder from the server, it completes successfully and doesn't reappear.

Is Selective Sync ON on the client and OFF on the server? Do the files/folders re-appear as .bts type files? 

Unfortunately, those logs are not enough for proper analysis. Can you please submit full log to support team? Please do not filter them and don't remove anything from there. You might Censor some folder~ /filenames if you wish. 

Please reproduce the issue, let Sync record it into logs, and send them to support. Do not forget to mention this forum topic, and please indicate which exactly files this was reproduced on. A few screenshots would be great. 

CarlenWhite, 

Is Selective Sync ON on the client and OFF on the server? Do the files/folders re-appear as .bts type files? 

Unfortunately, those logs are not enough for proper analysis. Can you please submit full log to support team? Please do not filter them and don't remove anything from there. You might Censor some folder~ /filenames if you wish. 

Please reproduce the issue, let Sync record it into logs, and send them to support. Do not forget to mention this forum topic, and please indicate which exactly files this was reproduced on. A few screenshots would be great. 

No. Selective Sync is off on both ends and the folders do not appear as .bts files on either end. Client seems to send the update that the files are removed, but then the server shortly sends the files back.

I'll try sending support the logs again once I'm back at work and able to try it. I'll be doing it on a different client computer (VM), but I've seen it happen on other machines so this'll be the same situation.

Edited by CarlenWhite

CarlenWhite,

On whatever machine you will be reproducing it, do not forget to send the logs from this and a connected peer, indicate which files are affected. Thanks. 

And so far, just make sure that the user under who Sync runs on server, has write access to the files. Lack of permission to delete the files is one of the most widespread reason for such case. 

CarlenWhite,

On whatever machine you will be reproducing it, do not forget to send the logs from this and a connected peer, indicate which files are affected. Thanks. 

And so far, just make sure that the user under who Sync runs on server, has write access to the files. Lack of permission to delete the files is one of the most widespread reason for such case. 

I've tried running it in elevated status, which really did nothing because the admin is already running it, and it still didn't work. The Google Drive stuff has been created under the same user so, theoretically, they shouldn't have differing permissions.