Why Do Speeds Seem Like They're Capped At ~22Mb/s?

mothra

I know this has been discussed before, but I've tried all the suggestions from every article/thread and still can't get my LAN speeds to saturate the throughput. Little bit about my network:

* Fully wired Cat-6 from end to end including all wall jacks, heads, etc

* Everything runs through a Cisco SG200-26 small business class Gigabit switch

* Mix of Windows 10 Pro 64-bit machines, couple Synology NAS' running DSM 5.2 and an OS X machine running El Capitan

* All clients are running the latest version of Sync (2.2.7 as of this post) including the NAS' (downloaded the packages direct from the links provided on the getsync.com site)

* Router is a Buffalo DD-WRT model with both TCP and UDP ports hard coded to each machine per the settings in Sync for each machine (I don't use UPnP)

On each client, I have:

* LAN Encryption: Disabled

* UPnP Port Mapping: Disabled

* Disk Operations are low priority: Disabled

* Limit LAN bandwidth: Disabled

​* I've tried relay and tracker both on and off

I seem to have hit all the points people say to try to get speeds up, but no matter what, from any machine to any other machine, they always seem to max out ~20-25MB/s. And for any one of those machines going direct, I saturate the line and get ~113MB/s when copying the same 4GB file that I would try and sync.

I'm absolutely in love with Sync and am sticking around for the long haul (I won't be renewing my Dropbox for Business subscription), but I'd really love to be able to get the local LAN speeds up if possible.

If anyone has anything else they've tried to get speeds up, I'd love to hear about them.

Edited by mothra

mothra, 

Are these machines syncing their local folders?

Try two more things:

1) Predefined hosts option on all peers. 

2) disable utp - in debug.txt file from storage folder, and put there 

FFFFFFFF2

If it doesn't help, send full debug logs from at least two peers between which syncing is slow.

Edit: also, as a test try sharing an advanced folder, more or less similar to your production folders, between Mac and windows only. see what speed you'll get