[Solved] Manually Added Files Not Synced

mintwurm

1. I switch on my PC, create a sync folder called "audiobooks" fill it with content and copy the content to a USB-Stick.
  2. I switch on my raspberry pi, plug in the stick and connect the sync folder to the already existing "audiobooks" folder on the stick. The folder was shared via "My devices".
  3. I switch off my PC
  4. I switch on my notebook and connect the sync folder to a new folder. The raspberry pi is online, the notebook lists it as a peer. But nothing is synced.
  5. I switch on my PC, instantly the notebook starts synching. I switch off my PC, synching stops.
  6. I switch off my notebook and switch on my PC. Both raspberry and PC are running. They find each other as peers. Nothing is syncing. Looking at the peer list on my PC, the raspberry is found and Bittorrent sync says "2480 files to ..." as though it was transferring files. But nothing is synced. Up and Download are Zero.
  7. I add a 100mb file on the raspberry, withing a minute it appears on the PC. I delete it on the PC, withing seconds it's gone on the pi.

Sync seems to ignore files that existed when a Folder was connected completely. Is this normal ? How do I get the raspberry to sync with my Notebook ?

mintwurm,

So I see two problems here: 

1) PC and RPi do not merge their existing files.

Need to look at logs and see which files are stuck. Please send the logs from *both* peers to support. Or try re-adding the folder to Sync. And check integrity of the stick, make sure it's mounted properly and is readable, with all RW permissions for Sync. 

2) laptop and RPi do not connect. See these troubleshooting steps. If they do not help, also, send the debug logs from laptop and RPI and a few details about network setup. 

When writing to support, please do not forget to mention this topic. Thank you. 

Thank you for the quick answer.

Since it was important for me to have the data online and since it was only ~20gb of data, I deleted the files from the pi and synced them over from the PC. That didn't take too long and now the pi syncs with all other devices.

I couldn't reproduce the problem.