Latest Desktop Build 2.3.0

RomanZ

When you buy a pro license you can add that license up to 10 individual identities.

And when you don't have a Pro license, every device will always use a separate identity (since, device-identity linking is only supported in Pro). If you currently don't have a Pro license, I assume that you are using the trial?

I run a Rasbian (Raspi + Debian) and update BTSync by stopping btsync, replacing the btsync file for the new one and restarting it again.

I noticed my identity was gone. A quick check learned that there was a .sync directory in the root. I solved the issue with a symbolic link to the .sync location of the previous version and things are fine now, but I am wondering if I missed something in the release notes, is it an undocumented change or am I doing something wrong?

@RomanZ
So I was right,  I missed something in the release notes. Did not relate 'in the current directory' to the root.

@cpellerano
I made a Symbolic link from the new .sync location to the folder where my original folder was located.

In my case, after stopping btsync:
- standing in root, remove the /.sync directory
- creating a symlink: sudo ln -s /...<target>.../.sync/ .sync

Okay, now I get it...

Since I use the script below to run btsync as a service on my RasPi, I did not relate the 'current directory' thing. So, when I call the script manually, BTSync creates the .sync directory within the current Working Directory... So, at boot time that is the Root, but when manually entered '/etc/init.d/btsync start' you have to be careful where to enter the command.

#!/bin/sh
# /etc/init.d/btsync
#
# Carry out specific functions when asked to by the system
case "$1" in
start)
    /<btsyncpath>/btsync    
    ;;
stop)
    killall btsync
    ;;
*)
    echo "Usage: /etc/init.d/btsync {start|stop}"
    exit 1
    ;;
esac
exit 0

I started to upgrade from 1.3.109 a few months ago but got sidetracked.

I've looked over the site and from what I gather the only difference between personal pro and business workgroups is

priority support, which I hope to never need.

Should I remove 1.3.109 before installing 2.3.0?

@patoka

The main difference between "personal" and "business" is that personal allows you a personal us only and does not require license renewal every year. Business license requires renewal but allows you business use of Sync (and yes, grants a priority support). The functionality is the same.

As for the upgrade: during different releases our community members reported a number of issues during upgrade from 1.3 to 1.4, from 1.4 to 2.0, etc. The most smooth upgrades were within 2.x versions. Also, we did not test such a large jump from 1.3 to 2.3. So I would advise here a clean install to be on a safe side.

I'm having a serious issue with BTSync . I'm using the Pro version on a Mac ( OSX 10.11 ). The version uses more than 10000  filedescriptors after which the machine becomes unstable and I have to reboot as other programs can't get new filedecriptors and crash.

This is very annoying.

Is anyone else having this problem ? 

output of lsof.txt

On 28.1.2016 at 10:42 PM, Acumen said:

Okay, now I get it...

Since I use the script below to run btsync as a service on my RasPi, I did not relate the 'current directory' thing. So, when I call the script manually, BTSync creates the .sync directory within the current Working Directory... So, at boot time that is the Root, but when manually entered '/etc/init.d/btsync start' you have to be careful where to enter the command.

If you want to run BitTorrent Sync on the Raspberry Pi you can take a look at this thread [Raspberry Pi] Automated Installation/update And Management Script.

It uses the configuration files from the official .deb package but gives you the comfort of doing a couple more nice things.

2 hours ago, jollyjinx said:

I'm having a serious issue with BTSync . I'm using the Pro version on a Mac ( OSX 10.11 ). The version uses more than 10000  filedescriptors after which the machine becomes unstable and I have to reboot as other programs can't get new filedecriptors and crash.

This is very annoying.

Is anyone else having this problem ? 

output of lsof.txt

If I run the command

lsof |grep -i bittorrent -c

I get 309 as output.

Love the new run as service feature. I do have a problem with this version though: I can not add a new share/folder located on a network share anymore. Old folders work without problem, I just can't ad new folders. 

Is this intended or is because I have to use the web gui now? Wil there be a fix?

11 hours ago, JvdB said:

Love the new run as service feature. I do have a problem with this version though: I can not add a new share/folder located on a network share anymore. Old folders work without problem, I just can't ad new folders. 

Is this intended or is because I have to use the web gui now? Wil there be a fix?

This seems to be because the webgui shows only local file system and hard drives attached. You can try to add the full path manually into webgui and see if it works